Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will Sunrise/Sunset Schedule change if I take my iPhone across the country?

Will Sunrise/Sunset Schedule change if I take my iPhone across the country?

I've scheduled my Caseta wireless light to turn on/off at sunset/sunrise at my house by enabling location services on my iPhone (and also designating my time zone). But if I travel across the country, does this affect the schedule at home because iphone location has changed? Should I disable location services on lutron app after I've set the schedule?

You need to set the location in the app. Go to settings (gear icon), advanced, time and location. You will need to be at home when you do this. The scheduler will use this setting regardless of where your phone is. It also uses the info stored in the bridge for geofencing.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you randyc!

Hi, related to this, I would like to have some lights (casetta) that turn ON at sunset and turn OFF at sunrise. I've set a schedule up and they seem to turn on at sunset no problem, however, they don't turn off at sunrise (or maybe i'm not waiting long enough?) Time just says "at Sunset", and time of day says "SUNRISE/SUNSET", then below this I can toggle time but its set to " at Sunset". any ideas? thanks

"Time of day" and "Sunrise/Sunset" are the 2 basic options. Time of day is the default. You can scroll up/down to set the hour, minute, and AM/PM. If you tap Sunrise/Sunset you can scroll up/down to set the offset and choose sunrise or sunset.

You will need 2 separate events. Lutron does this for flexibility. You can turn lights on at sunset, then turn some off at midnight, then turn all off at sunrise.
    www.convergenceusa.com

thanks, that is good to know. So I now have set a second schedule for the "off" part. So, how could I set it to turn "off" at sunrise rather than turn "off" at a "time of day"?thanks!

Go to schedules, tap on "Add Schedule"
    Select the days you want the schedule to run, tap Next
    Tap "Sunrise/Sunset", select the offset, select Sunrise, tap next
    Enter the name of your schedule, tap next
    Select the zones you want to control, set the level you want them to go to
    Tap done
    www.convergenceusa.com

thank you. I have now set the second schedule. What has confused me about this is that nowhere in the schedule does it say it will turn the light on or off, it just doesn't seem to care what the state of the switch is in when the schedule kicks in. For example, when the light is off, the first schedule will put the switch into the next state at sunset, which is "ON", then, when the second schedule kicks in at sunrise, it will put the switch into the next state, which is "OFF". Now, this is all fine and dandy, however, what if I manually turn the light on during the day BEFORE sunset? So now its the reverse, i.e. the first schedule will turn the light OFF at sunset, and the second schedule will turn the light ON at sunrise. I'm I correct at staying this? I guess i'll find out tonight!

In the schedule, on the page where you pick what devices to include in the schedule, you pick the exact state to put the device into when the schedule runs. It doesn't matter what the current device state is. When the schedule runs, it will put the device into the state requested.

Wink

thank you very much! This makes 100% sense now. Cheers