Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 8-ANS activation problem

8-ANS activation problem

I have 90 devices on my RA2 network and have mostly good luck with activation with programing. I have a couple 8-ANS switches that either, 1) will not activate, even though you triple-tapped reset them, or....2) Show in the Essentials Software as needing activation but when you press an hold the button the program says "already activated". Frustrating that these bad actors cost me so much time.Any other thoughts for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubemeister View Post
    I have 90 devices on my RA2 network and have mostly good luck with activation with programing. I have a couple 8-ANS switches that either, 1) will not activate, even though you triple-tapped reset them, or....2) Show in the Essentials Software as needing activation but when you press an hold the button the program says "already activated". Frustrating that these bad actors cost me so much time.Any other thoughts for me?
    If you have tried resetting them you could try manually entering the serial number in the software and see if that works.

Showing already activated means just that, it has been activated in your system as another switch somewhere else. Chasing this down can be difficult, but since a majority of devices are already done, shouldn't be too bad. Make a list of the unactivated devices. This is important later. Default the switch in question.Run a transfer and compare the unactivated devices in red against your list of unactivated devices. The one that is different is the problem child. Enter Activation and look at the spreadsheet at the bottom of the screen, pull it up and expand your view. Locate the problem child and deactivate. Then activate the original switch where it should be, and address the problem child activation. Common occurrence- someone somewhere in the house pressed your device while you were activating. Software doesn't distinguish between the devices until they are already activated, so they got crossed up when identifying. Check this thread for a proper demop of the default sequence. https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...actory-default Chances are you were going to slow, or went 1-2-hold. For the devices that won't activate, you may have a distance issue from the repeaters. Try moving the main or aux and see if it works. You can always add a new aux/wireless repeater to the system to expand coverage.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols