Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta dimmer install... now wall outlet plugs are dead and dining oom went dead.

Unhappy Caseta dimmer install... now wall outlet plugs are dead and dining oom went dead.

Help... I’m currently switching out all of my maestro dimmers with casetas. I have successfully installed several single pole and 3way configurations in this current home and two others homes I’ve owned. I have downloaded and read the advance Lutron install sheet for casetas. I have two casetas 1&2 (1 gang) successfully connected in my dining room. All was good. Now dead. After I installed the dining room dimmers... I moved to my front door entry area.At my front door, I installed 1 for my outside porch light- A. (1 gang) All working. Also at my front door...I installed...1 for my stairwell lights- B. (1 gang) All working...except, the toggle at the top of the stairs doesn’t work.. haven’t gotten that far yet)1 for downstairs ceiling entry lights-C. and 1 for overhead ceiling chandelier-D. (2 gang) All Working.(I realize now, I should have tested each one individually via breaker, instead of installing 4 and then checking... so stupid) Somewhere /sometime between flipping breakers during install, etc.I noticed the closet light, which I believe is on the same breaker as the A and C, went out. Also some wall plug outlets do not work now. Then out of the blue, the dining room dimmer 1&2 went dead. These have worked fine for weeks.I’ve flipped breakers and no luck.I’ve pulled out the A dimmer to verify the wiring. It’s single pole. Looks right.I put a cheap outlet reader into one of the dead outlets... the light buttons read... left red-lit, middle yellow-not, right yellow-lit. The legend says this combo means (HOT/GRD. REVERSE). No idea what is happening. I’m so frustrated and confused.Why would they work and then not... if the dimmers worked at one time, wouldn’t that mean my install wiring is correct?Ps. I’m afraid if I share with the forum that I am female, the responses will recommend I contact a electrician. Do not walk, run, step away before I blow up the house, etc..l.It is my goal to figure this out. But... I am slowly waning....I have to get all installed before tomorrow. I have a network guy coming over to bridge, program etc, the casetas. Any ideas?

Power is looped from box to box. It sounds like power is coming into the foyer box then to the dining room. You probably have something mis-wired in the foyer box that is preventing power from going to the dining room box. The 10NXD and 5NE work with a single, mechanical, 3-way switch. If you have more than 2 locations or want dimming from both locations you have to use Pico remotes. The wiring method for Caseta devices is completely different than Maestro. Maestro uses traditional 3-way/4-way wiring but you have to have companion dimmers at the other locations. Caseta devices are actually single location with Pico remotes.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Update

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Power is looped from box to box. It sounds like power is coming into the foyer box then to the dining room. You probably have something mis-wired in the foyer box that is preventing power from going to the dining room box. The 10NXD and 5NE work with a single, mechanical, 3-way switch. If you have more than 2 locations or want dimming from both locations you have to use Pico remotes. The wiring method for Caseta devices is completely different than Maestro. Maestro uses traditional 3-way/4-way wiring but you have to have companion dimmers at the other locations. Caseta devices are actually single location with Pico remotes.
    Thanks...I’m going to camp off the second location now. More to come.