Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Power Outages

Power Outages

I have several Caseta Wireless lamp and wall switches. Every time there is a power outage, the customized schedule on my smart phone app stops working. The last time I called technical support, I was told that I had to re-enter the entire schedule. This is a very time consuming process. Does anyone know of a work around solution?

You could put a UPS on the bridge but any interruption in power would cause the bridge to reboot. It would have to be one of the more expensive models.

I could not find the spec for the Caseta bridge but Lutron has very good power failure memory. It should be able to go years before it loses data. The only time you might have an issue is if you were editing the schedule when the power went off.

I would give tech support another call. There is no way you should have to renter the schedule.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You could put a UPS on the bridge but any interruption in power would cause the bridge to reboot. It would have to be one of the more expensive models.

I could not find the spec for the Caseta bridge but Lutron has very good power failure memory. It should be able to go years before it loses data. The only time you might have an issue is if you were editing the schedule when the power went off.

I would give tech support another call. There is no way you should have to renter the schedule.
    Thank you for your reply. I will give tech support another call.

Lutron Technical Support
    The bridge needs a good internet connection to keep a good base time on the bridge. If it loses internet connection and then power drops, it will lose that base time. (Think of it like an electric clock without a backup battery. When power goes out, the clock goes back to 12:00.) Without this good base time, your schedules won't work.There shouldn't be any reason to delete/recreate these schedules. Your bridge probably wasn't able to reach the internet when power came back up because the router it was connected to hadn't powered up properly an didn't have proper internet connection when the bridge finished powering up.If you lose power, and your schedules don't work, first make sure you can get on the internet with either a computer or a smartphone. If you can, your bridge schedules should start working correctly by just power cycling the bridge.