Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Keypad buttons in wrong order

Keypad buttons in wrong order

This seems like it should be really easy to fix but I cannot for the life of me figure it out, (note: i'm not a professional, I completed the RA2 - Level 1 course online so I'd be familiar with how it works).

Basically we have a keypad in our kitchen with buttons:

Ceiling
    Sink
    Counter
    Wall
    Terrace

the 'sink' and 'counter' buttons are reversed so pressing sink turns on the under-counter lights and pressing counter turns on the lights over the sink.

how do I remap these?

Note: I have
    Radio RA Essentials 12.0.1

much obliged

Open Essentials and open the file for the home. Go to the "sink" button and verify that the "sink" switch or dimmer is selected and the "counter" is not. Do the same for the "counter" button. If you find the "sink" button is already attached to the "sink" switch or dimmer, then the sink and counter dimmers were activated in reverse. Go to the design tab and rename the sink to counter and vice versa. Then go back and verify the correct dimmer is on the keypad button (you should have to selct the correct one and deselect the incorrect one at this point). Re-transfer and all should be good.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Open Essentials and open the file for the home. Go to the "sink" button and verify that the "sink" switch or dimmer is selected and the "counter" is not. Do the same for the "counter" button. If you find the "sink" button is already attached to the "sink" switch or dimmer, then the sink and counter dimmers were activated in reverse. Go to the design tab and rename the sink to counter and vice versa. Then go back and verify the correct dimmer is on the keypad button (you should have to selct the correct one and deselect the incorrect one at this point). Re-transfer and all should be good.

OK thank you

Let me walk thru what I'm doing to make certain I'm doing this correctly. (Note: there are 2 keypads (one from pantry entrance, one for terrace entrance), both are incorrect in the same way)

1)Firest choose the 'Program' tab at the top
    2)Top left choose 'keypads', then under selected device location choose 'kitchen > pantry entry' which displays the keypad's buttons on the left side
    3)Top right from the'selected room' drop-down I choose 'equipment room' (that's where the remote dimmers are installed)...I then see the banks of dimmers displayed below
    4)When I choose the 'Sink' button on left side keypad, it incorrectly highlights and shows the Counter dimmer as checked on the right side (and when I choose 'Counter' it shows 'Sink' as checked)
    5)So I just need to uncheck the wrong one and check the correct one and re-transfer to fix?

thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by shralp View Post
    1)First choose the 'Program' tab at the top
    2)Top left choose 'keypads', then under selected device location choose 'kitchen > pantry entry' which displays the keypad's buttons on the left side
    3)Top right from the'selected room' drop-down I choose 'equipment room' (that's where the remote dimmers are installed)...I then see the banks of dimmers displayed below
    4)When I choose the 'Sink' button on left side keypad, it incorrectly highlights and shows the Counter dimmer as checked on the right side (and when I choose 'Counter' it shows 'Sink' as checked)
    5)So I just need to uncheck the wrong one and check the correct one and re-transfer to fix?
    Yes, this is all you will need to do. Sounds like the dimmers were identified properly, so you should be good to go.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Yes, this is all you will need to do. Sounds like the dimmers were identified properly, so you should be good to go.
    That worked great Mike, thank you very much!

The part I was missing before was to select the correct 'room' from the drop-down. Since most of my dimmers are remote in the equipment closet, I had to pick that rather than the room the lights live in.