Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRA2 Updates

RadioRA2 Updates

Is anyone else wondering why there have been no updates to the RadioRA2 software in a long time? The last version I see is 12.0 which I downloaded in September 2017. Not complaining just wondering why....

Quote Originally Posted by jdraughn View Post
    Is anyone else wondering why there have been no updates to the RadioRA2 software in a long time? The last version I see is 12.0 which I downloaded in September 2017. Not complaining just wondering why....
    total guess here, but maybe b/c they're focusing on RadioRa3?

Google has not heard about this yet, so I am in the dark. Hopefully Lutron will let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by jon102034050 View Post
    total guess here, but maybe b/c they're focusing on RadioRa3?
    I really hope that's not the case because it would really destroy customer confidence in Lutron. The biggest selling point of Ra2 is that it's been firmware upgradable and when new technology like LED bulbs (Which wasn't really mainstream in 2011) came out, they made new dimmers to work with it and when the cloud became a thing, they made the connect bridge. From day 1, RA2 has been a work in progress and went through a lot of problems like uploads taking forever, etc. so it's just now gotten to the point where it's a complete system and working well. It'd be really sad if they came out with Ra3 that was totally incompatible. Especially when the promise of Ra2 Select is that it'd be upgradable to the full system.
    I

It has been about 16 months since any updates/development has been made on RR2, has anyone heard about the state updates or develpoment of RR2?

6. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Getting closer to a full two years without any RA2 software updates.

This has me seriously worried and wondering if I made the wrong choice endorsing the longevity of RadioRA 2 and installing this in all my homes....

Anyone heard anything? Any rumors??? Speculation??

Is RA2 system being sidelined? My Lutron account hasn't had any new announcements or updates since 10.6.17. Definitely not a good sign...

There has been quite a bit of activity at Lutron. They released RA2 Select and updated it to include sensors and RF modules. They acquired Ketra and have been integrating it with HQS. They also released HQS DIN modules (no MI required). It is true there hasn't been much activity round RR2.

I'm not an insider but I don't believe RR2 is going anywhere. If there is a major update in the works it would still be QS compatible. You might have to replace/update a main repeater or connect bridge but I don't see the product being discontinued.

What I really hope they are working on is tearing down that stupid, self-imposed wall between RR2 and HQS.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

is RR2 not doing something you need? Software updates often drop to enable new hardware for sale, and there hasn't been much of that recently on the RR2 side. Sometimes stability is a good thing. With a system so simple and reliable as RR2 I think this is perfectly OK at this point. HWQS is another story...