Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Any rebates/trade-in/discount for existing Bridge Pro to L?BDGPRO2?WH?

Any rebates/trade-in/discount for existing Bridge Pro to L?BDGPRO2?WH?

I purchase v1 of the Wireless Bridge Pro in May. Is there any rebate, trade-in program or discount for existing users to upgrade to v2? I wasn't aware there would be hardware changes needed to support Apple's Homekit, thus v2. Thanks in advance and please don't leave us behind!

2. Likes luisv liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I purchase v1 of the Wireless Bridge Pro in May. Is there any rebate, trade-in program or discount for existing users to upgrade to v2? I wasn't aware there would be hardware changes needed to support Apple's Homekit, thus v2. Thanks in advance and please don't leave us behind!
    I completely agree! I bought the Smart Bridge Pro about a month before the new one was announced and am extremely disappointed that they weren't more forthright. I have refrained from buying any more switches as I am not sure I want to tie myself to them given the support I have seen thus far. I also fundamentally don't understand why they sell the Pro through dealer channels. It offers trivially more functionality and for those that want the features of the Pro, they should just be made available instead of hunting down some electrical supply house that has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I also fundamentally don't understand why they sell the Pro through dealer channels. It offers trivially more functionality and for those that want the features of the Pro, they should just be made available instead of hunting down some electrical supply house that has one.
    The Smart Bridge Pro offers far more shade options, and the ability to integrated with other third party systems directly. Both of these require (in general) a much higher degree of knowledge beyond what a typical DIY would have ready access to. Thus the Pro is only sold through distribution channels where the proper products and knowledge can also be obtained. Just as RTI/URC/Elan/Creston does not offer the homeowner the ability to directly purchase their product, so does the Pro bridge.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

That is the exact mindset that I don't understand. There is a huge community of people out there messing around with various forms of home automation and you are restricting them from the product. The extra capabilities between the Pro and the non-Pro are trivial but necessary for us. To say that it is beyond the DIY community is baffling when things like the Raspberry Pi have sold over 5 million units.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    The Smart Bridge Pro offers far more shade options, and the ability to integrated with other third party systems directly. Both of these require (in general) a much higher degree of knowledge beyond what a typical DIY would have ready access to. Thus the Pro is only sold through distribution channels where the proper products and knowledge can also be obtained. Just as RTI/URC/Elan/Creston does not offer the homeowner the ability to directly purchase their product, so does the Pro bridge.
    It's a limitation that isn't necessary. The DIYers who wish to take it to the next level, should be allowed to do so because handcuffing a DIYer, simply forces them to look / purchase elsewhere. As stated within the Caseta website... "Caséta Wireless is an easy DIY project, or you can have a pro install for you." The option should be up to the DIYer as those that can handle it will take it to the next level and those that don't want to learn or understand, will gladly have it installed for them.