Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cannot Reset Caseta Dimmer PD-6WCL

Question Cannot Reset Caseta Dimmer PD-6WCL

I've installed a Caseta Dimmer PD-6WCL with a companion Pico switch. I worked well for about a week, then the Pico switch stopped controlling the light. I've tried re-paring them but never get the flashing LED lights described in the instructions (and what I got when I first installed them). I've tried resetting the Dimmer switch (3 quick presses and hold) but the LEDs don't flash, rather the unit fades the light on an off repeatedly. No amount of tempo practice is helping. I've tried cutting the power; that does not reset. I'm stuck and out of ideas ... help?

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to pair a dimmer to a different Pico in a standalone configuration (i.e. no bridge). Holding the 'off' button for six seconds never results in flashing LED lights; nothing happens. I'm able to reset the pairing on the dimmer by pressing the 'off' button three times and holding it, but I'm still unable to pair.

Quote Originally Posted by MFSchar View Post
    3 quick presses and hold) but the LEDs don't flash, rather the unit fades the light on an off repeatedly. No amount of tempo practice is helping. I've tried cutting the power; that does not reset. I'm stuck and out of ideas ... help?
    You missed the last part, you need to 3 tap until the unit "fades", then release and immediately tap three more times. Then the dimmer should "fade" slower a few times. It should them go dark for about 20-30 seconds. The LED readout will then come back on and the dimmer is factory defaulted.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    You missed the last part, you need to 3 tap until the unit "fades", then release and immediately tap three more times.
    That did it! Thank you. I swear the instructions didn't say that, but maybe I missed it.