Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Changing Room Names

Changing Room Names

Hi,

The electrician installed the system yesterday but he has programmed the room names incorrectly. How do I change the room names. For example, the kitchen has been called the dining room for some reason.

Thank you

I've never installed it but it looks like you may edit it with the lutron App, if you then use google or amazon voice control you will need to force them to scan again

Change room names in Lutron App

Quote Originally Posted by Hurr5467 View Post
    Hi,The electrician installed the system yesterday but he has programmed the room names incorrectly. How do I change the room names. For example, the kitchen has been called the dining room for some reason. Thank you
    I have Caseta system too, and want to change name of room. Did you ever figure out how to do that?

Lutron Technical Support
    You will use the Caseta App in order to change the room names in the Caseta System. For example, In the Device screen of the app Tap on the device that is currently called the "Dinning Room", when the pop up screen appears select "Edit Device". Then tap on the current room name and you will see a list of rooms that you can change the name of. Select "Kitchen" and then back out to the previous "Edit Device" screen and select Save in the top right corner if you have an iPhone or tap on the check mark in the upper right corner to save the change if you are using an Android device. This will change the room of the device. You can also edit the name of the device and the device icon from this screen as well.

Room name change help

How do I change the name of a room in my Lutron app? I do not see anything that allows me to edit room names. I am using the latest version of the Lutron app.

Are you using HomeKit? If so, you will need to change the room names in HomeKit.

Are you using HomeKit? If so, you will need to change the spelling of the room name in HomeKit. If you want to change which room the device is in, then in the Lutron app you can select the device you want to move to a different room and there will be an "Edit Device" in blue at the bottom of the pop-up window. Press on that and then you will see "Room" on the left and the current room the device is assigned to to the right. Press on the room name assigned to the device, such as "Living Room" and then all of the room names that you have assigned will pop up. Scroll down the lis until you find the room name that you would like the device to be moved to. Press on that name, such as "Den". A blue check mark will then appear to the left of the room name. Then click on the blue back arrow in the top left corner of the screen. Then press the blue "Save" option in the top right hand side of the screen to save your changes. Your device will now be assigned to the new room.

Changing Room Names

Go to the Property tab and select Property Layout or Room Details, contingent upon what shows up for your property and Snap Edit under the room/unit you need to change, Select the right drop-down box under the accompanying classifications to make changes.