Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hubs that go beyond 50 device limit

I'm about to hit the 50 device limit and am considering a second hub. Any info you can share on how things work with a second hub? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgersh View Post
    I'm about to hit the 50 device limit and am considering a second hub. Any info you can share on how things work with a second hub? Thanks.
    I set up my second Smart Bridge under a separate username and password. Then, of course, I added all my new devices to the second hub. Devices on the two Smart Bridges cannot "talk" to one another -- any Pico remotes must be added to the same Smart Bridge with the devices they want to control. But as far as HomeKit, both Smart Bridges appear in HomeKit and through that interface they can communicate with one another, etc. I haven't had any issues! It works.

3. Thanks digit1, Cpearcy thanked for this post
    Thanks for the quick response. I ended up going with a Wink Hub which is working well so far. Have my chamberlain garage doors and hue bulbs on it as well. Lost Siri functionality but gained Amazon echo support.

5. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgersh View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I ended up going with a Wink Hub which is working well so far. Have my chamberlain garage doors and hue bulbs on it as well. Lost Siri functionality but gained Amazon echo support.

We have learned that the wink hub has the same 50 device limit for Caseta products, Now you can have more than 1 hub and on the same account, so that might still work, but you will need 2 hubs for devices over 50.

Have there been any updates on this topic? I too, have hit the 50 device limit on the SBP2. Is Lutron allowing more than one SB on the same account yet? My challenge is that I have my system integrated with alarm.com and dealing with them to get the first SB connected was a nightmare. I recently contacted them about adding a second and was told they only support the connection of one Lutron SB. I'm a DIY homeowner and have no interest in RR2 so I'm hoping there have been further developments with the Caseta product line and Smart Bridge.

Cherga-
    No plans to update a SBD beyond the 50 device limit. You would need to add a second bridge and use a second account. The only way to get the two to work together will be to use another third party controller (RTI, URC, Elan, Crestron, etc.) and have the 3rd party do most of the work for "whole home" scenes.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

There is also an app which supports two SBs at the same time, so you can make do without going up to Crestron/etc.

I did a plug in for homeseer it support one hub now but easy upgrade for me to add other if have an interest. Homeseer also support zwave and more.

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    There is also an app which supports two SBs at the same time, so you can make do without going up to Crestron/etc.

@Veeeh - which app lets u see more than one smart bridge ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurum View Post
    @Veeeh - which app lets u see more than one smart bridge ?
    If you use iOS devices, you can use a third party application to create a "HomeKit Home" that includes two HomeKit enabled Smart Bridges and all their associated devices. An example of a 3rd party HomeKit app with this kind of functionality is Elgato Eve. Hope this helps!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast