We recently had the pleasure of installing Caseta Diva Smart Dimmers in our newly constructed custom home. Alongside, our electrician fitted the premises with what are considered standard LED pot lights. However, we've encountered an unexpected issue. Specifically, when operating 3-4 or more pot lights on a single switch, we've noticed a buzzing sound emanating from the lights. This issue becomes markedly louder with a setup of 10 pot lights, while setups with 3-4 pot lights produce a quieter, albeit still noticeable, buzz. Interestingly, the noise persists regardless of the dimming function being active or not, as long as the lights are powered on.

Upon investigation, our electrician demonstrated that directly connecting the live hot wire to the neutral wire eliminates the buzzing sound, suggesting that the issue might be related to the Caseta dimmers themselves. This theory gains some credence from my previous experience in an old apartment, where I used the Caseta ELV+ Smart Dimmers with a similar setup and encountered no such issues, even with four or more pot lights activated.

This leads us to a conundrum regarding the root cause of the problem. Could it be an issue with the Caseta dimmers, the quantity of pot lights, or potentially the quality of the pot lights themselves?

I've reached out to the electrician for further details on the specifications of the pot lights installed and will share any updates as they become available.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions the community might have regarding this issue. Who do you think bears responsibility in this instance?