Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can't get app to load on Apple Watch

Can't get app to load on Apple Watch

App (version 2.2) working fine on my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.3), but can't get it to load on the watch. It is installed on the watch and I can see the icon. When I select it, I just get a spinning wheel and it never loads. I've unintstalled and re-installed the app, rebooted the phone and watch, turned bluetooth on / off. Nothing working so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mark

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi Mark - try opening the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then select the Lutron app in the list of apps and verify that the "Show App on Apple Watch" option is turned on. If it's not, turn it on. Even if it is already turned on, turn it off for a few seconds then turn it back on. See if that corrects the issue.

Also, verify that your Watch OS is 1.0.1.

Yes, I've done that (several times). I've also done a complete reset and re-install a few times. I am on Watch OS 1.0.1 (12S632). I've also verified that the watch is connected to the phone and to my wifi.

Thanks,
    Mark

Try turning off "Show App on Apple Watch" in the Apple Watch app, then confirm that it has been removed from the watch. Wait about 5 minutes and turn the app on again. Confirm the Lutron app shows up again on the watch and then launch it. See if that helps.

Additionally, did you happen to have any issues with other apps on your watch?

Hi Eric,

I was having trouble with another app as well so I called Apple Support. They had me reset the network settings on my phone and that has helped. Now, the Lutron app will load and it works the first time I try to use it. But when I come back and try to use it again after a few minutes, it is acting flaky. Sometimes, when I select a scene, I just get a spinning wheel. Other times, when I try to load the app, it just quits and returns me to the watch app screen (with all app icons). Should I always have the Lutron app running on the phone before trying to load it on the watch? Something is still not quite right. My guess is that it is not the app, but something wrong with my watch or phone.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. It's sounding more and more that it may be an issue with the watch or the phone, but we would like to look at the app logs. To send in the app logs, launch the Lutron app on your phone, go into the settings menu in the app, select 'Help', then select 'Send Feedback'. Mention in the email with the logs that you are experiencing issues with the Lutron app on your Apple Watch for reference. Also, can you please attach a few screenshots from the watch of the errors you are seeing? Thanks.

Hi Eric,

Happy to report that after another complete reset of my phone settings, the Lutron app is now working well on the Apple Watch. The problem was that the watch was losing connectivity to the phone which would cause the app to freeze up or not respond. The reset on the phone seemed to have solved the connectivity issue. I did send the apps log as you requested. Thanks for your help and thanks for the app. Very cool (or geeky according to my wife) to dim the lights from your watch :)

Mark

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this connected to the App Store and download on your Apple Watch, but here are some steps to try:-
    1. Internet Connection:- Make sure your iPhone, which your Apple Watch connects to for App Store access, has a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.
    2. Restart Devices:- A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches. Restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch.
    3. Automatic Downloads:- On your iPhone, open the Watch app and go to App Store. Ensure "Automatic Downloads" is toggled on for automatic app installations on your watch.
    4. Background App Refresh:- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. Make sure "Background App Refresh" is enabled and the "Watch" app is toggled on.
    5. Date & Time:- Verify that the date and time settings are correct on both your iPhone and Apple Watch. Incorrect settings can interfere with App Store connections.
    6. VPN or Security Apps:- If you use a VPN or any security apps on your iPhone, try temporarily disabling them to see if they're blocking the connection. More instruction below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk0I...el=TheGeekPage