Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Issue with pd-5ws-dv-wh

Issue with pd-5ws-dv-wh

Hi guys,

I bought around 12 switch/dimmer Caseta system for my home but one of switches is not working properly, local vendor told me that they don't guaranteed because they did not install them and maybe it was a wrong installation. Something that is not good because Lutron promotes self service in this case.

What could be a wrong installation?
    What can I do in order to test this element?

BR
    Oscar

Warranty depends on the agreement between the seller and the manufacturer. Many retailers have agreements that warranty claims will be handled by the manufacturer. Lutron as awesome tech support and can help you figure that out. (Don't tell them I said that!)

You can swap the switch with one that is working. This will tell you if it is the switch or another issue.

Does the LED on the switch light up? If not there is either no power or insufficient/no load. You can try installing the MLC device that came with the dimmer.

If it is a 3-way installation there are special instructions for wiring the device. You can find the instructions here.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hi Randyc,
    Yes, I did a swap with another switch/dimmer and both worked properly.
    No, Led on the switch does not light up and MLC is installed here.
    I will try to get warranty directly from Lutron but let me know if you have more suggestion.

Thanks for your answer

Oscar

Since the switch worked when you installed at a different location means the switch is good (no warranty issue).

The LED not lighting up indicates an issue with the load - the switch can't see the load (wiring issue) or there is insufficient load (power out, bulbs burned out, etc.).

The wiring issue could be several things. If you have multiple locations, you could have a 4-way in the middle causing issues. A typical 3-way circuit has power coming in at one end and going up to the light (switch leg) at the other end. Sometimes power and the switch leg are at the same end so they relay one to the other end. Still workable but it requires some tracing and possible rewiring.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Sorry If I was not clear. I mean, I swap the failed switch for another then I can be sure that circuit is working fine but this switch is still not working.

Oops! Tech support can help. Tell them I sent you... they will validate your parking!
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    Oscar,
    If you haven't already, please call us directly at our 24-hour Technical Support hotline: 1-844-588-7661.