Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Maestro C*L MSCL-OP153M flashing

  1. #1

    Question Maestro C*L MSCL-OP153M flashing

    I bought these motion sensing switches not knowing there are limitations with LED brands. We have Standard Low Profile LPDL4 9W downlights, dimmable, throughout the newly reno'd house.
    On a two-location switch circuit, I installed the Maestro, and rewired the other switch to remain mechanical.
    I have completed all the programming steps.
    In one room with 8 downlights, the sensor switches on successfully 80% of the time. The other 20% - results in a flash and does not switch on. But 80% success is acceptable for me.
    In a smaller room with 6 downlights, the sensor results in a flash and fails to switch on 80% of the time. The other 20% it works.
    I have tried adjusting the dimming range but this doesn't help.
    I acknowledge I am using an LED brand that is not rated as compatible.
    But are there any adjustments I can make to reduce the occurrence of the flash start and fail ?
    Thanks!

  2. Likes Justin F. liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,151
    This document has some advanced settings and troubleshooting that may help.

    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/048480a.pdf

    Motion sensors are subject to UV interference and HVAC.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614

  4. Thanks David Ellery, Justin F. thanked for this post
    Likes Justin F. liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. MSCL-OP153M Always On?
    By lijinv in forum General Discussion - Controls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 08:54 PM
  2. MSCL-OP153M and TGCL-153PH
    By cjp147 in forum Troubleshooting - Controls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 02:33 PM
  3. MSCL-OP153M Auto-oin
    By kbogott in forum Programming - Controls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 04:17 PM
  4. Using 2 MSCL-OP153M on the same 3-way circuit.
    By Brian W. in forum General Discussion - Controls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
  5. MSCL-OP153M and Auto-Off
    By Brian W. in forum General Discussion - Controls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •