Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Amazon Echo can't set speeds on Caseta Ceiling Fan Controller

Amazon Echo can't set speeds on Caseta Ceiling Fan Controller

Installed a PD-FSQN-WH today and it works great except that Alexa can only turn it off or on. No option to control speeds in the Alexa app or via voice. SIRI/Homekit can do it, and of course I can do it via the Lutron App. Alexa just says something about not being able to use that command.

Inside the Alexa app it does show up correctly as far as I can tell: Caseta Wireless Fan Speed Control, added as Type: Other.

I've deleted the device from the Alexa app numerous times, no difference. Any suggestions?

Alexa does not have the command set for fast, slow, faster, slower, speed up/down, etc. Set a scene in the Caseta app for the desired speed and call it FAN FAST, FAN MEDIUM, FAN SLOW, and FAN STOP. I find the lowest fan setting too low to do anything in my home. Set these scenes in the app for Alexa to discover, and then ask her to discover new devices. Should have control via "Alexa, turn on FAN FAST/MEDIUM/SLOW/STOP. Not the cleanest, but it works.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    Alexa does not have the command set for fast, slow, faster, slower, speed up/down, etc. Set a scene in the Caseta app for the desired speed and call it FAN FAST, FAN MEDIUM, FAN SLOW, and FAN STOP. I find the lowest fan setting too low to do anything in my home. Set these scenes in the app for Alexa to discover, and then ask her to discover new devices. Should have control via "Alexa, turn on FAN FAST/MEDIUM/SLOW/STOP. Not the cleanest, but it works.
    thanks for the tip. what's frustrating for me is that when I first installed the switch, Alexa was able to set specific fan speeds - she responded to high/medium/low, or to 1/2/3/4, but now only responds to on/off. Not sure why the commands were removed..

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. Pretty disappointing that it doesn't work as advertised or as reviewed. Odd that they would update it and remove the feature. Is it Lutron or Amazon to blame?