Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimmer levels through Tellnet integration

Dimmer levels through Tellnet integration

Hi,

I've looked through the integration specifications, but I cannot seem to find information on setting the dim level through Telnet.

Building a new integration and I'd like to set dimmer levels throughout the day. If the dimmer is off, but get activated manually, it should only go up to 30% at night and 80% during the day, for example.

The led light will show where the light will turn on to, but I wan to control that value through telnet. Is that possible?

You need Ethernet access for Telnet so why not use the Ethernet commands outlined in the Integration Specs? You can set levels, push buttons, and get feedback. You can even poll devices to find out their status. The RR2 processor does not have any logic capability but it sounds like you are doing it on your side anyway.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You need Ethernet access for Telnet so why not use the Ethernet commands outlined in the Integration Specs? You can set levels, push buttons, and get feedback. You can even poll devices to find out their status. The RR2 processor does not have any logic capability but it sounds like you are doing it on your side anyway.
    Ive read that spec in entirety (or so I thought) I do now see the commands to update these fields (attached photo). Specifically the "On level".

Is this possible?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 11.20.14 AM.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	881

I don't think that is what you are looking for. The "on level" under advanced settings is the level the local dimmer goes to when you turn it on. That doesn't prevent someone from double tapping or adjusting the rocker.

I'm not sure what document you are reading but the "Lutron integration protocol" document (040-249F, 10/07/10) details the commands and how to structure them. You can get the integration ID from the integration report in HQS/RR2.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I don't think that is what you are looking for. The "on level" under advanced settings is the level the local dimmer goes to when you turn it on. That doesn't prevent someone from double tapping or adjusting the rocker.

I'm not sure what document you are reading but the "Lutron integration protocol" document (040-249F, 10/07/10) details the commands and how to structure them. You can get the integration ID from the integration report in HQS/RR2.

This is exactly what I want. If they double tap, that's fine. For most cases I want a comfortable single tap to be set based on the time of day. From what I ready, this is not possible (nor are the trim levels) from Integration protocol. I wanted to check in here in case I was missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    This is exactly what I want. If they double tap, that's fine. For most cases I want a comfortable single tap to be set based on the time of day. From what I ready, this is not possible (nor are the trim levels) from Integration protocol. I wanted to check in here in case I was missing something.
    Anyone else have experience here? Im sure it's a long shot, but is there a way to submit feature requests for this sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Hi,

I've looked through the integration specifications, but I cannot seem to find information on setting the dim level through Telnet.

Building a new integration and I'd like to set dimmer levels throughout the day. If the dimmer is off, but get activated manually, it should only go up to 30% at night and 80% during the day, for example.

The led light will show where the light will turn on to, but I wan to control that value through telnet. Is that possible?
    This is not possible in RadioRA2 as a stand alone product. You'll need third party to accomplish this.

Set On level to 30%.
    Set time of day variable in third party.
    If dimmer comes on --> If dimmer goes to 30% --> if "daytime" --> raise dimmer to 80%
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    This is not possible in RadioRA2 as a stand alone product. You'll need third party to accomplish this.Set On level to 30%.Set time of day variable in third party.If dimmer comes on --> If dimmer goes to 30% --> if "daytime" --> raise dimmer to 80%
    How can we get a feature like this requested? Your idea may work, but I really like to visually see with the LED indicator where the level will come to when pressed once. With this work around that is not possible.I was hoping I could use "On Level: Last Level" and then use telnet commands to set the level, but it seems the last level is only set with the physical control :(

wprater- it's available in HomeWorks, and you can design a HWQS system using the same types of radio dimmers and keypads that RA2 uses. Just a lot more expensive and requires costly certification. Would be better to look into a Control4 dealer for a CA1, Hubitat, or Homeseer to accomplish this, unless you have friend that wants to hook you up with HWQS.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    wprater- it's available in HomeWorks, and you can design a HWQS system using the same types of radio dimmers and keypads that RA2 uses. Just a lot more expensive and requires costly certification. Would be better to look into a Control4 dealer for a CA1, Hubitat, or Homeseer to accomplish this, unless you have friend that wants to hook you up with HWQS.
    You're saying there is a different integration protocol for HWQS vs RA2? From the docs, they look to be the same. You surely know a lot more than I, only just starting to get into home integration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast