Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Questions about automated shades with RA2

Questions about automated shades with RA2

Hi everyone, I have RA2 in my home and I use the essentials software to program it. All the blinds on my first floor are roller shades from blinds to go. I was looking at Somphy as they mentioned they can be retrofitted to be used with them but I would rather use something from Lutron to integrate with RA2 and Pico's etc.

I just had a few questions, the first one is can existing roller shades be retrofitted or do you have to buy all new shades from Lutron? If so that would be a deal-breaker as I just purchased my new home and the previous owner spent $50,000 on all custom blinds and drapes so removing them wouldn't work.

If it is possible to retrofit, is there a product line I would be looking at and the other question I have is I know I would need a dealer to install them but am I able to add them to my RA2 system myself and program what I want to have happen with them or would I need to work with the dealer?

My ideal would be retrofitting a few of my existing roller shades and then being able to add them to my system myself programming that myself and so on. Thanks!

The RA2 Select main repeater lets you control your lights and blinds on Saver Occupancy Sensor and battery operated automated shades.njmcdirect

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, the Blinds To Go shades are not retrofittable with our drives and would have to be all new shades.