Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vive PowPak RMJS-16R-DV-B paired with pico remote - Add Caseta bridge to control pico

Vive PowPak RMJS-16R-DV-B paired with pico remote - Add Caseta bridge to control pico

Hello,

An electrician installed a Vive PowPak RMJS-16R-DV-B module and paired it with a pico remote. Is it possible to use a Caseta bridge to also pair it with the pico and then control it thru the Lutron IOS app?

I may have found my answer. It looks like the way the Caseta bridge is implemented, you have to add the pico remote AND the device it controls correct? Looks like the Caseta bridge does not support the Vive modules, so I would need to either remove them and add a Caseta supported switch, or buy the Vive bridge which I think is out of my price range and a little much for a home project.

You are correct that you would need to change out the relay to work. Caseta does not have support for any relay power packs. The best option would be to change the relay out for a caseta switch and add it to the bridge. This would be the least expensive option. Alternatively you could change to a RA select system and use a lmj-16r-dv-b power pack which would work. If you have more devices on your Caseta system this would not be cost prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by bvance73 View Post
    I may have found my answer. It looks like the way the Caseta bridge is implemented, you have to add the pico remote AND the device it controls correct? Looks like the Caseta bridge does not support the Vive modules, so I would need to either remove them and add a Caseta supported switch, or buy the Vive bridge which I think is out of my price range and a little much for a home project.