Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Getting the Dimming Percentage Right

Getting the Dimming Percentage Right

Programming on Essentials v12 for the first time, and I had a couple of questions.

1. Is the dimming percentage given in the app the measured light or the perceived light? In other words, if I want a light to look 10% as bright, do I set it to 10% or 1%?
    2. When trying to get the right brightness "look and feel" I'm relying on using the dimmers. How can I tell what % the dimmer is set at so I can tell Essentials, "okay, that's the % I want to use"? It seems like there are 25 possible settings on the dimmer... does that mean each increment is 4% and I just need to count?
    3. Is there any documentation on how to use the Verify Low End feature? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dancole42@yahoo.com View Post
    Programming on Essentials v12 for the first time, and I had a couple of questions.

1. Is the dimming percentage given in the app the measured light or the perceived light? In other words, if I want a light to look 10% as bright, do I set it to 10% or 1%?

Measured light is used. If you click on the icon representing the dimmer, it will show you the percentage.

1. When trying to get the right brightness "look and feel" I'm relying on using the dimmers. How can I tell what % the dimmer is set at so I can tell Essentials, "okay, that's the % I want to use"? It seems like there are 25 possible settings on the dimmer... does that mean each increment is 4% and I just need to count?

I don’t remember off the top of my head, but I don’t think it’s that simple. I’d use the verify low end tool.

1. Is there any documentation on how to use the Verify Low End feature? I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, you select a zone, it will flash, and will dim in down in 1% increments until you tell it to stop, that’s the low end. That sounds confusing but if you try it it will make sense. See page 12 of this document for more information.

Thanks!
    Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    Hope this helps!
    Exactly what I needed. Thanks!