Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to I Wire Single Pole Location for Constant Power Using Pico for Smart Bulb?

How to I Wire Single Pole Location for Constant Power Using Pico for Smart Bulb?

I have had success in wiring Lutron Caseta dimmers and pairing Picos but I now have a situation where I want to control a Zigbee Smart Bulb using Hubitat to control the Pico Remote buttons. Of course the smart bulb needs constant power, so I would like to uninstall a single pole conventional switch, rewire the wires to get constant power, and mount the pico over the now-switchless gang box. I know how to mount the Picos; I am just not certain how to "tie" the wires to obtain the constant power. Do I merely Cap the load and hot wires together and separately cap the copper ground wire? It seems THAT would be the way to handle this but I want to be safe not sorry!

Thanks for any help!

You’re right on. A switch makes and breaks the connection between hot and load; capping the wires together makes the switch always on.

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    You’re right on. A switch makes and breaks the connection between hot and load; capping the wires together makes the switch always on.
    Thank you; the Caseta pico is now installed where I had a regular switch and through Hubitat, it now controls the Sengled light bulbs.