Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRA2 and SmartThings?

RadioRA2 and SmartThings?

Hi everyone,

I always thought that SmartThings only integrated with Caseta. I have Radio RA2 installed, and just bought the Connect Bridge for it. I created a Lutron account in the Lutron Connect app and added the bridge etc. It then showed a screen saying something like "Your current integrations: -IFTTT -SmartThings" which threw me off why it had SmartThings. If I go into SmartThings you can only add Caseta, so just curious why the Lutron Connect app would mention it there if it doesn't integrate with it? I don't really have a need necessarily for it to integrate but if it is possible then I could make use of it.

I don't remember seeing that one. But it doesn't surprise me as I do have a similar condition with a Logitech Harmony Hub. I have that Harmony Hub connected with Caseta. But it shows up in the Connect app under "Edit Home" "Connections" menu. That integration doesn't populate any RA2 devices on the Harmony (nor would I expect it to). It seems fairly likely that Lutron/Logitech/SmartThings integrations could be added by turning a switch as they are all already developed and cloud-based. It's likely one of Lutron's market decisions.

If you want RA2 to integrate with a SmartThings hub, there is an easy alternative - Hubitat. It's a (now distant) cousin of SmartThings. Almost anything that works with SmartThings and has a Groovy-language driver/app will work with Hubitat. The best thing is that the integration is all local for RA2 as Hubitat communicates with Lutron via Telnet.

Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    I don't remember seeing that one. But it doesn't surprise me as I do have a similar condition with a Logitech Harmony Hub. I have that Harmony Hub connected with Caseta. But it shows up in the Connect app under "Edit Home" "Connections" menu. That integration doesn't populate any RA2 devices on the Harmony (nor would I expect it to). It seems fairly likely that Lutron/Logitech/SmartThings integrations could be added by turning a switch as they are all already developed and cloud-based. It's likely one of Lutron's market decisions.

If you want RA2 to integrate with a SmartThings hub, there is an easy alternative - Hubitat. It's a (now distant) cousin of SmartThings. Almost anything that works with SmartThings and has a Groovy-language driver/app will work with Hubitat. The best thing is that the integration is all local for RA2 as Hubitat communicates with Lutron via Telnet.
    Oh that's amazing thanks I should look into that, I've seen it pop up before but never checked it. What I really would love is a way to integrate Hue with RA2, so when I press a keypad button some of my Hue lights come on, as I have so many Philips Hue products that I'm definitely in the 5 figure range now. Just haven't had a lot of luck, I use HomeSeer today but the RA2 integration stops working on me all the time. Then I tried Home Assistant which seems good but same thing RA2 just works for a few days and stops. Was debating on buying Indigo for Mac but hate having to buy another Mac just to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
    What I really would love is a way to integrate Hue with RA2, so when I press a keypad button some of my Hue lights come on, as I have so many Philips Hue products that I'm definitely in the 5 figure range now.
    I use Hubitat to combine Lutron and Hue lights. Works great.