Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extraction Error - Given key was not present in the dictionary

Extraction Error - Given key was not present in the dictionary

I've got a system where I'm trying to extract but I keep getting this error: "The given key was not present in the dictionary."

I've matched the software to the firmware (12.0.1) and I've tried wired, wireless and connecting directly to the repeater. All give the same error.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ra 2 error.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	878

Any help?

thanks!
    -Dave

Try completely closing the RA2 software. It seems like if you work in it for a certain amount of time or up load 3 times it gets bogged down.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Randy - didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Try completely closing the RA2 software. It seems like if you work in it for a certain amount of time or up load 3 times it gets bogged down.
    I tried it immediately after starting RA 2 - no luck.

Any other ideas?

Have you seen this before?

Thanks for the help Randy!

I have had this come up before when my firewall settings were still on and when my antivirus was still active. I would try disabling those and try to extract again.

Quote Originally Posted by davemen View Post
    I tried it immediately after starting RA 2 - no luck.

Any other ideas?

Have you seen this before?

Thanks for the help Randy!

I've had issues extracting but I don't remember that specific error. The "key" bit makes me think there is a mis-match between the OS revisions. You can use a browser to verify the revision on the Main Repeater.

If you are running windows on a MAC, the OS natively blocks FTP even if you are running Windows. Lutron uses FTP. There is a way to make it work though. I'm not a MAC guy so I don't know what it is.

I've seen an issue with older version (mostly Illumination) where you have to save the program before extracting. I don't know why but it made a difference.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Yes - I turned off the firewall and the antivirus software and still get the same error. It's painful...

Randy - I did use the browser to confirm that the os on the repeater matches the software (12.0.1).

Not running windows on a mac - it's just a surface PC running Windows 10

I did try creating a dummy file and saving it and then extracting - but the error continues... :(

Thanks for your ideas - please keep 'em coming.

I just extracted mine and it is 12.0.1. Not trying to rub it in but... ha!

Go to find main repeater and click on "show advanced" make sure everything looks OK. DO NOT change the system address. The gateway and DNS should be the same. The subnet should be the legendary 255.255.255.0. I always use Google for the alternate DNS (8.8.8.8)

Try switching the different system communications (multicast & repeater address).

Speaking of multicast... have you transferred to the main repeater before? Some networks, especially enterprise grade networks, block multicast. Some WAPs also block multicast. It must be enabled at the router and all WAPs.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Inclusive versus essentials...

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I just extracted mine and it is 12.0.1. Not trying to rub it in but... ha!

Go to find main repeater and click on "show advanced" make sure everything looks OK. DO NOT change the system address. The gateway and DNS should be the same. The subnet should be the legendary 255.255.255.0. I always use Google for the alternate DNS (8.8.8.8)

Try switching the different system communications (multicast & repeater address).

Speaking of multicast... have you transferred to the main repeater before? Some networks, especially enterprise grade networks, block multicast. Some WAPs also block multicast. It must be enabled at the router and all WAPs.
    I was able to get a copy of the file from the previous homeowner. And when I load it up...

the error says that this was created with Inclusive not Essentials.

UGH!

Do you know of any way to convert the file from Inclusive to Essentials? I don't have that version and now I seem to be stuck... :(

Randy: you are a prince for helping - now we know why it won't download the project file.

You'll need a Level 2 programmer that has the Inclusive to get this on your repeater. If there isn't one in your area, or you have trouble finding one, reach out to the local rep firm that handles Lutron. In some areas, RadioRA2 and other residential systems are handled by Lutron themselves. I would start by calling their customer service, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Just for interest, where are you located?
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast