Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Homekit

Homekit

I am looking to add my bridge to HomeKit. I understand the normal methods of scanning, proximity or manually entering a code. Unfortunately I cannot get access to the bridge as it was mounted in a cavity behind a 75” wall mounted tv. I would need to hire some help...
    My question is - is there another universal number code for Lutron bridges - even a list of possible number codes so that I don’t have to have everything taken down? Any other methods?

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    I am looking to add my bridge to HomeKit. I understand the normal methods of scanning, proximity or manually entering a code. Unfortunately I cannot get access to the bridge as it was mounted in a cavity behind a 75” wall mounted tv. I would need to hire some help...
    My question is - is there another universal number code for Lutron bridges - even a list of possible number codes so that I don’t have to have everything taken down? Any other methods?
    Ignore that first response, sometimes spammers get by the good people at the mothership.

I believe you'll need to push the button on the bridge to get it to add to HomeKit. So, unfortunately, you'll need help if the mount is fixed. Might be a good time to upgrade to a swing/swivel mount for better viewing options. Would also allow for servicing the equipment behind the TV when necessary.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Thanks hgmobile thanked for this post
    Tech support confirmed that every HomeKit number is unique and that there is no way for them to tell me what it is on my particular unit. Thinking it’s time for a mantel mount. Thanks for the suggestion.