Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will Wired Lutron LR-TEMP-FLSH remote sensor with with Lutron TouchPro T-Stat?

Will Wired Lutron LR-TEMP-FLSH remote sensor with with Lutron TouchPro T-Stat?

I have the Lutron Touch Pro Thermostat (LR-HWLV-HVAC) and I want to use a flush mounted remote sensor (LR--TEMP-FLSH). I don't see it listed as compatible but it is a bi-wire sensor and would connect to the S1, S2 inputs on the Thermostat base. The manual lists another, larger bi wired sensor (C7189U1005) but I have the LR-TEMP-FLSH on hand - would my flush mount sensor (LR--TEMP-FLSH) sensor work?? Anyone try it? Thanks!

I've tried and failed. Honeywell has some options but I don't recall them being able to do temperature averaging so they didn't work for my application. I also remember the Honeywell piece being intended for sensing external temperature. Maybe even that you can not disable the internal sensor.

Honeywell tech support was very helpful.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmardo View Post
    I have the Lutron Touch Pro Thermostat (LR-HWLV-HVAC) and I want to use a flush mounted remote sensor (LR--TEMP-FLSH). I don't see it listed as compatible but it is a bi-wire sensor and would connect to the S1, S2 inputs on the Thermostat base. The manual lists another, larger bi wired sensor (C7189U1005) but I have the LR-TEMP-FLSH on hand - would my flush mount sensor (LR--TEMP-FLSH) sensor work?? Anyone try it? Thanks!

Yeah I used the flush sensor with the touch pro and it works fine. It's not perfect since the resistance curve is slightly different between the honeywell surface sensor and Lutron's flush sensor. I also might add the a Lutron flush sensor sucks! It's the worst design with that screw in base. In this job I would have preferred to use the Aprilaire sensor and do a proper mud over of the sensor but on this job the owner didn't want that or even want the sensor painted. Needless to say the painters did a real ****** job painting and now they look like crap cuz the screw in thing either never goes in straight or it's too loose. FYI I'd have to look up my records but the Aprilaire sensor resistance curve is slightly off too. They're both good near the sweet spot but when you get around 60 or 88 you might be off a degree but who cares it's all relative. If I recall they're all 10kohm @ 77 degrees but the curve varies slightly on everyone I looked at.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT