Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Main repeater problem

Main repeater problem

I tried updating the firmware to 9.1 and my main repeater is stuck with all the repeater status lights blinking white. It is not resetting even after I have tried unplugging the repeater from power multiple times. Any solutions? I cant seem to be able to reset the main repeater either.

I was on the phone with tech support and they were on the phone with me for about 2 hours (amazing!!). They helped me reset the firmware to 9.0. After I hung up with them, now 1/2 of my devices don't work - I have 2 main repeaters and the main main repeater devices are not communicating and I can't control with the keypads or phone app. I have pinged both repeaters and confirmed both are on the same firmware 9.0. They seem to be connected when I look at integration IDs. Am thinking of re - identifying the devices in the system. That will be somewhat of a pain so any suggestions are welcome.

Problem Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by texas doc View Post
    I was on the phone with tech support and they were on the phone with me for about 2 hours (amazing!!). They helped me reset the firmware to 9.0. After I hung up with them, now 1/2 of my devices don't work - I have 2 main repeaters and the main main repeater devices are not communicating and I can't control with the keypads or phone app. I have pinged both repeaters and confirmed both are on the same firmware 9.0. They seem to be connected when I look at integration IDs. Am thinking of re - identifying the devices in the system. That will be somewhat of a pain so any suggestions are welcome.
    I reidentified the devices for the project and everything working as before. Have other people had any problems with 9.1?

I reidentified the devices for the project and everything working as before. Have other people had any problems with 9.1?

Yes I have upgraded a system to 9.1 from 7.8 and I am getting all kinds of weird issues. I have a whole area of the house that I cant activate. I have tried factory defaulting them and starting over, that didnt work. I added a hard wired aux repeater and put it right next to the devices and still cant get them into activation mode. Very frustrating... Can I roll back to 7.8 or even 8.2????

Maybe try this:
    open a blank new project file in the software, and update the main repeater firmware from this blank project.
    then hopefully after a successful update, you can close the blank file and re-open your regular project file. Re-transfer and then maybe the problem goes away?

I had a problem with my main repeater as well that resulted in a call to tech support... and all I really have to say is that it is unquestionably the best tech support I've ever had. A couple of quick button pushes and you're talking a live person. They're available 24/7. They're remarkably patient AND actually super helpful. RadioRA2 is pricey, but stuff like this sure softens the blow.

7. Likes schalliol liked this post