Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shade Groups

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    Can you explain how you use this to give "realtime" shade feedback? Isnt it just easier to enter a value in the UP_DOWN_TRAVEL_TIME parameter of the Lutron Homeworks Qs Sivoia QS Shade r02 module?
    because if you control the shade from something other than your Crestron system, that won't work the way you intended; if you read the help doc for the module, the up_down_travel_time value only comes into play when the up or down digital inputs to the module are active. Many of my clients not only have a Crestron interface, but also have a seeTouch/pico/table top to control their shades. If you happen to have a touch panel display active "showing" the shade and someone decides to change the lift of a shade from a Lutron i/f, using only what you described won't work (in this case); the graphic/value will "jump" to it's final value.

using the analog rate limiter and setting the time value on it (same as what you would set in the module) gives you the feedback you are looking for regardless of controlling the shade from the Crestron system or the Lutron system...i.e., it's consistent.

Ah I see. We almost never use Lutron keypads for shade/lighting control- we use Crestron keypads so never ran into that scenario. What is your signal path with the ALIMIT and the lutron module? And are you entering the travel time in both locations?

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    Ah I see. We almost never use Lutron keypads for shade/lighting control- we use Crestron keypads so never ran into that scenario. What is your signal path with the ALIMIT and the lutron module? And are you entering the travel time in both locations?
    <analog out from module> -> <analog rate limiter> -> <analog join on TP>

yes, same time value used in both places

Thanks! I'll add that in from now on just in case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12