Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Grafik T System

Grafik T System

we designed and installed a Grafik T system for a customer, retrofit and the radiora2 software didnt show any errors, i ordered according to the BOM and aparently the wallplates dont fit the keypads because of a light sensor notch thing that they have. but now lutron is telling me that i cannot gang togheter a grafik T dimmer and a keypad, because they dont make a wallplate for that???

how is this possible? that a mistake like this is not shown on the design software??

has anyone had this issue?

I looked at the specs. They only show 1 plate available, the LWT-G (series). Are they saying the 1g plate has a cut out for the light sensor but the multi-gang plates do not?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

That 1 gang doesn’t have the cut out. There is another plate LWT-G-WH-E . The E after the color is the one that is meant to be used with a grafik T keypad aparently.

The main problem i am having is that they are saying that you cannot gang a keypad with a dimmer. Because they dont make wallplates for those cases because of the light sensor notch

The "E" at the end means the plate is engraved. The only difference between the LWT-G-WH and LWT-G-WH-E should be the engraving. That is usually reserved for keypads but Lutron will write most anything on most anything.

Bottom line is, you are right. There is no reason they should not be in the same box. Can you modify the plate to accommodate the sensor?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I ran into this same problem and contacted Lutron customer service. The deal is, the Grafik T keypads always need engraved wall plates; there's no non-engraved wall plate that fits; the ones from the dimmers block the entire keypad label backlight and there's nowhere else to put button labels; also the ones from the dimmers don't have the cutout for the DBM sensor but I think that's intentional to force us to use the E models. Basically, you need to order the engraved wall plate for Grafik T keypads (or you can modify the non-E wall plate for a dimmer to fit physically, but you still won't have any button labels whatsoever).