Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 5NE wont turn off

5NE wont turn off

Installed a 5NE in a 3 way circuit. Removed the mechanical switch and capped off 2 black and the red wire and left the ground capped off by itself as it is shown in the instructions. The lights are constantly at 100%. The 5NE switch itself does not show any error lights and when i push the on and off buttons the indicator lights move up and down like normal but the LED lights do not respond.

You have tied the switch leg (wire going up to the light) in with the power.

If you are NOT using a mechanical 3-way at the remote location the only wire capped off is the blue from the dimmer. The 2-wires coming from the remote location (typically black and red from the same cable) are tied to one of the black wires from the dimmer. The switch leg is tied to the other wire. At the remote location, you will need to tie all 3 together (2 from same cable plus single wire.

If you are using the mechanical 3-way at the remote location, connect the single black wire to one of the blacks. Connect the remaining wires to the blue and black.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Thanks dkdkdk123 thanked for this post
    Likes dkdkdk123 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post

If you are NOT using a mechanical 3-way at the remote location the only wire capped off is the blue from the dimmer. The 2-wires coming from the remote location (typically black and red from the same cable) are tied to one of the black wires from the dimmer. The switch leg is tied to the other wire. At the remote location, you will need to tie all 3 together (2 from same cable plus single wire.

If you are using the mechanical 3-way at the remote location, connect the single black wire to one of the blacks. Connect the remaining wires to the blue and black.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...55?usp=sharing

sorry for some reason the forum is not letting me upload pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post

Just want to say thank you for helping!
    the 5NE does not have a blue wire so not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about. I posted 2 pictures of my situation

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...55?usp=sharing

sorry for some reason the forum is not letting me upload pictures.

When i had the 5NE and the mechanical switch it was working perfectly until i flipped the switch on "location 2" and this is what led me to do all this