Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RD-RD remote dimmer only dims if off, not when already on?

RD-RD remote dimmer only dims if off, not when already on?

I have a RRD-6NA I believe it is and then a RD-RD as the 3-way. I'm 99% sure I installed it right as the dimmer went on the side where the line had power even if the light was of, where the remote dimmer side would have no power if it was off. The issue I have is that if the light is on (either turned on by the remote dimmer or the actual dimmer), the remote dimmer won't raise or lower the brightness at all. However, if the light is OFF, and I press raise on the remote dimmer, it puts the light on at 1% or so and raises and lowers it no problem. Never had this issue before and seems really weird why it would work like this. I can only get it to raise and lower if I start from the light being off. Any suggestions?

The dimmer (6NA) should be at the end where the wire goes up to the light (not where the power comes in).

Not being able to dim from the RD means it can't communicate. They communicate through the blue screw. Make sure you have them connected properly. I like to use the red wire because it is easiest to trace.

Make sure you have power coming in on the black and out to the next device/light on the brass.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks I will check it again or maybe try swapping their locations. It's weird as it does work, but only if the light is already off. Like the dimmer works fine whether it's on or off, and the remote dimmer turns it on and off. It's just the remote dimmer will only raise or dim the light if the light is physically off. If the light is already on I'm only able to raise or dim it from the actual dimmer not the remote. So it seems like the red traveler wire is connected it's just not letting me raise or dim when the light is already on.