Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Controlbyweb

Controlbyweb

Is it possible for Lutron to control Controlbyweb products? The X400 or X410 can control relays, etc and I would like to use Lutron to issue commands.

Thank you

Section 6.7 of the manual says yes.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Why? What benefit would there be controlling a CBW product from Lutron?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Hi,has anyone done this?i have a project that has a control by web relay installed to open a gate from a crestron system but dont have access to the crestron code, but want to be able to open the gate from the front door lutron keypad.can anyone help?Graham

Quote Originally Posted by inkontrol View Post
    Hi,has anyone done this?i have a project that has a control by web relay installed to open a gate from a crestron system but dont have access to the crestron code, but want to be able to open the gate from the front door lutron keypad.can anyone help?Graham
    Randy,Do you have the document you are refering too? im trying to use a web relay Quad thats controlling the gate. i have no spare cables to add an O/I, this is my only option for control.Do you have a document that shows how to send http command to a third party device?

I was referring to the X410 manual which can be found here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fcv61jdjFGfUoz

In HQS, go to design, equipment. Edit whichever toolbox tab you like and add "Ethernet Device" to the tool box. Then add the Ethernet Device to the room and name it accordingly.

Click on "Edit Command Sets" by the Ethernet Device. You are going to have to type in the commands you want from the above manual.

Go to Link Assignment. Make sure it says show Ethernet devices. Click in that tiny little box next to your device. It can only go on Ethernet so there is no link or output to select. Double click in the boxes at the bottom to add IP address, port, etc.

On the programming screen change assignable items to "Ethernet Devices." You can then add the commands to a button or event.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com