Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: True multi-location occ sensors

True multi-location occ sensors

Hello all.
    I need in-wall 120V occupancy sensors, not dimmers, that will work with a 3-4-4-3-way switching setup. Problem is I need sensors at ALL four locations. Is there a Lutron product that will work?

2. Likes Justin F. liked this post
    Everything Lutron makes is based on a single master control and slave controls at other locations.

Lutron does have a product called Radio Powr Savr sensors. They are stand alone sensors that can be used with RadioRA 2 or Maestro wireless controls. You can have multiple sensors and multiple dimmers. Since the sensors are ceiling or wall mounted you may not need as many.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

4. Thanks Justin F. thanked for this post
    Likes Justin F. liked this post

Radio Powr Savr

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Everything Lutron makes is based on a single master control and slave controls at other locations.

Lutron does have a product called Radio Powr Savr sensors. They are stand alone sensors that can be used with RadioRA 2 or Maestro wireless controls. You can have multiple sensors and multiple dimmers. Since the sensors are ceiling or wall mounted you may not need as many.
    I have a similar question as the OP.

I have two loads for garage lighting. The first just general bulk, single pole, easy for an in box Maestro OS.

The other load is a three way setup, one box around a corner than the other (garage man door and garage/house door. The Maestro OS is suboptimal in this location as I understand only one can be installed with a companion dimmer at the other door (around the corner in the garage).

I am using Caseta and Hub system for the house in general, but am fine with the garage being motion sensor only (discrete lighting control).

I was wondering if I could use a single LRF2-OCR2B-P in a strategic ceiling location to drive two different dimmers for the two separate loads. I don’t need the loads to be independent in operation (I am fine with one sensor driving both loads at the same time, the fact that I have two garage general lighting loads was a design mistake).

So my question I guess is, will one LRF2-OCR2B-P pair with two wireless Lutron dimmers on two separate loads?

You can pair up to 10 devices. Although I'm not sure how this limit is enforced. You can use multiple sensors with multiple switches. There is a limit on the number of sensors but I don't remember what it is. The sensors will coordinate with each other. If one sees motion the lights will turn on but they both have to timeout to turn the lights off.

You can use Caseta dimmers/switches. The Caseta bridge does NOT support RPS sensors so this would be its own local system.

I would also look at the RPS corner sensor. It might work for your "around the corner" application.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You can pair up to 10 devices. Although I'm not sure how this limit is enforced. You can use multiple sensors with multiple switches. There is a limit on the number of sensors but I don't remember what it is. The sensors will coordinate with each other. If one sees motion the lights will turn on but they both have to timeout to turn the lights off.

You can use Caseta dimmers/switches. The Caseta bridge does NOT support RPS sensors so this would be its own local system.

I would also look at the RPS corner sensor. It might work for your "around the corner" application.
    OK perfect, I know what to do now.

Thanks so much, again.