Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to Ra2 - Design help adding devices.

New to Ra2 - Design help adding devices.

My dealer left me the system file and I took the Essentials course and have the software.

I added anew room in the software and the new devices are already installed by the electrician - but not added to my software (2 Grafik eyes, hybrid keypad, Touch Pro T-Stat).

In looking at Grafik Eyes, it is necessary to add in load information (e.g. # bulbs in zone, Lighting type (all are LED), etc? I can get that from the electrician but don't have now. Any issue then activating them minus commands?

Also, must Grafik eye be programmed in software or can I do all locally - at Grafik Eye?

Thanks

Answered in blue:

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmardo View Post
    My dealer left me the system file and I took the Essentials course and have the software.

I added anew room in the software and the new devices are already installed by the electrician - but not added to my software (2 Grafik eyes, hybrid keypad, Touch Pro T-Stat).

In looking at Grafik Eyes, it is necessary to add in load information (e.g. # bulbs in zone, Lighting type (all are LED), etc? I can get that from the electrician but don't have now. Any issue then activating them minus commands?
    No. Inputting these values has no effect on functionality. Not sure what you mean by “minus commands”

Also, must Grafik eye be programmed in software or can I do all locally - at Grafik Eye?
    When a Grafik eye is put into RadioRA2, it is now in a system and cannot be used as a stand-alone device, so PC programming only.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    Answered in blue:
    Got it. And thanks so much.

So I have created the room (Home Theater) and have 2 Grafik Eyes, a See Touch Wall Mount keypad and T-Stat (Lutron TouchPro) . I have set up in the software but have not activated. To Activate, is it as simple as hitting 'Activate' in the software. Or do I need to press buttons on the components to get them to activate?

I have added the components in design. Programmed a few dimmers in the Grafik Eye but really just want to add these to the system and then program.

How is the Touch Pro Thermostat Added?

Thanks so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails program.png   design.png   activate.png  

First, I would click on "Find Main Repeater" in the design tab. This will let you know if there are an communication issues, etc.

You will need to start activation (from "Activate" tab). It will direct you on which buttons to touch on the devices. Once the software receives the info you will have to tell it which device that was.

You will need to transfer when all devices are activated.

The Grafik Eye has 16 internal scenes that can be addressed by RR2. You would need to setup the scenes at the Grafik Eye itself. Since RR2 can address the zones directly, I never use the scenes.

When you are in activate mode, click on the thermostat and it will guide you through the activation.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    First, I would click on "Find Main Repeater" in the design tab. This will let you know if there are an communication issues, etc.

You will need to start activation (from "Activate" tab). It will direct you on which buttons to touch on the devices. Once the software receives the info you will have to tell it which device that was.

You will need to transfer when all devices are activated.

The Grafik Eye has 16 internal scenes that can be addressed by RR2. You would need to setup the scenes at the Grafik Eye itself. Since RR2 can address the zones directly, I never use the scenes.

When you are in activate mode, click on the thermostat and it will guide you through the activation.
    OK. Thanks so much. I'll give a go and report back.

All successfully added.

*Except one of my desktop keypads caused an error and did not transfer.

What are the steps to resolve something like this? The device seems to function.

Thanks so much!

Tabletop keypads have to be plugged in when transferring.

Try moving the keypad around. It only takes a small amount of data to activate the device. Sometimes they will activate but give errors on upload. There should be a "retry failed devices" button on the transfer screen.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com