Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 Project File Extraction

RA2 Project File Extraction

I am a new installer and trying to extract a project file from the main repeater and I get an error message “the given key is not present in the dictionary”. At first was using Essentials 12.0.1, also tried 12.0.0 which is what I see the main repeater knows when connecting via static IP address. Tried numerous times to no avail. Uninstalled reinstalled reboot etc. anyone ever get this before and have any ideas

What version software are you trying to extract, some older version are not extractable. I would connect directly to the main repeater and download the matching software version. I have found that skipping too many versions of software causes issues too. Another possible issue is if the project file is in inclusive and you are using essential.

If I connect via the static IP and log into the main repeater with username/password "lutron", under DeviceIP, it says the version is 12.0.0, and that is what I am using for the software version. Is there a way to determine whether Inclusive was used to set up the project file? What about the error message, has anyone come across “the given key is not present in the dictionary”?

I don't think there is a way to check Inclusive vs Essentials. It has been a while since I used Essentials but I believe you get a warning that says the existing file is Inclusive and can not be downloaded with Essentials. Tech support may have a telnet command to find out the version.

The key error is a SQL error. Try closing and opening the software. You can also try creating a new file for downloading. Make sure you save the file before trying to extract.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks, I tried closing and reopening the software, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling. I don't want to start a new project because I don't want to wipe out the existing programming; unfortunately, I don't have the project file, so I can't save it. I've reached out to Lutron support and they are looking into it, but this has been going on for approaching two weeks, that's why I was hoping those experienced in the forum would have some ideas. I even tried to go backwards in the program revisions, but then I get a message that says I need to use version 12.0.1

Try re-installing the software without uninstalling. You'll have the option to "Repair". May want to download the software from lutron.com again and try. Since you know the ip address of the main, set your laptop to a static address that matches and plug directly into the main- eliminate as many variables as possible.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols