Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Serena versus Triathlon

Question Serena versus Triathlon

What is the difference between Serena and Triathlon shades? They seem the exact same thing to me, except that if I recall well Serena is not compatible with RadioRA2 and HWQS (only Caseta). Is that the only difference? What would make a customer not wanting lighting control or smart home choose Triathlon instead of Serena? Thank you in advance.

Triathlon shades are battery operated Sivoia QS wireless roller and honey comb shades. They are available in much larger sizes, have a lot more fabric options, and are compatible with more systems. They can also be part of a stand-alone Sivoia QS system (has its own repeaters, keypads, etc.).

Serena is a scaled down version with limited size and fabric selections. It was designed for retail distribution and for use with retail systems like Caseta.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

You get to choose everything about the blinds - from the style (honeycomb or roller) to the power supply (battery, wired, or manual), myloweslife mounting options, size, fabrics to be used...virtually everything can be custom picked allowing for your own preferences.
    Last edited by delerein; 09-29-2019 at 09:03 AM. Reason: To make it better

Thank You

I can now share this page with my client.

It is a scaled down version with limited size and fabric selections. It was designed for retail distribution and for use with retail systems https://securitasepay.site/.

Does anybody know of any hacks to have Serena communicate with Ra2? I've heard that the Bridge Pro can speak with Both Serena and Triathlon. Also, does anyone know what size tube the Serena uses? I have 2 Triathlon motors that id like to re-use but need tubes and fabric to match other future shades.

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, there are no hacks to have Serena communicate with Ra2. Serena will only communicate with Caseta. That is one of the limitations with the Serena shades.

Quote Originally Posted by rkemmerich View Post
    Does anybody know of any hacks to have Serena communicate with Ra2? I've heard that the Bridge Pro can speak with Both Serena and Triathlon. Also, does anyone know what size tube the Serena uses? I have 2 Triathlon motors that id like to re-use but need tubes and fabric to match other future shades.
    Serena and Triathlon are assembled at the factory. You can replace the motors but I don't think Lutron will make a Serena or Triathlon shade with no motor. I'm sure they won't accept your motor back for installation in a new shade.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com