Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light control UI on mobile app on iPhone 6 vs iPhone 5

Light control UI on mobile app on iPhone 6 vs iPhone 5

On my iPhone 6, lights are displayed one light at a time, and I need to page left and right to access them. Very slow and inconvenient. On an iPhone 5, the lights are displays all on one page and scroll vertically. How can I make the iPhone 6 show all lights on one scrolling screen?

Go the settings for the iPhone, scroll down to Lutron and you can change the settings for the app.
    Business Development Associate- Design, Sales, Installation, and Programming of Smart Homes for Baker Electric Home Energy
    mbalay@bakerhomeenergy.com
    "Spread the light, brother" -Blake Richetta
    "If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur" -Crustyloafer

Thanks for your reply. I do not see an option for this (although I do recall seeing it awhile back). Under the Home+ settings -> App Usage, I see Show Areas, Sort Alphabetically, Sort Events By Time, Homeowner Editing, Live Edits, and Screen Saver. I also see options like Application Startup, Password required, Edit Systems, Demo Systems, and Integration Buttons.

I have a 5S, I'll talk to others and see if I can find where to re-sort the loads.
    Business Development Associate- Design, Sales, Installation, and Programming of Smart Homes for Baker Electric Home Energy
    mbalay@bakerhomeenergy.com
    "Spread the light, brother" -Blake Richetta
    "If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur" -Crustyloafer

Thanks for the suggestion. The app looks nice (although a bit steep at $19.99, but I'll give it a shot). Still, I feel it is a bug that the official app renders so differently on the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.

Did you even try some of those? If you switch off 'Show Areas' I think it does what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Swancoat View Post
    Did you even try some of those? If you switch off 'Show Areas' I think it does what you want.
    Yes I tried all the settings. Nothing worked. I just redownloaded on the iPhone 5 and now it also only displays one light at a time with horizontal paging. I'm wondering if they changed the behavior of the app. It's very inconvenient to scroll through over a dozen screens.

Its not the device Im pretty sure its the iOS version you are running. I have one device running iOS 8.1 and the loads run top to bottom. I have another device running iOS 8.3 and the loads run left to right.

Quote Originally Posted by itsthebombbee View Post
    Its not the device Im pretty sure its the iOS version you are running. I have one device running iOS 8.1 and the loads run top to bottom. I have another device running iOS 8.3 and the loads run left to right.
    You are absolutely right. After I upgraded my iPhone 5, it has the same issue. Hope Lutron fixes this. Is there somewhere we can report the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ultravelocity View Post
    You are absolutely right. After I upgraded my iPhone 5, it has the same issue. Hope Lutron fixes this. Is there somewhere we can report the issue?
    I believe that's just the way it is. The multiple zone view has gone away, now it's page view only. I sent an email to LHC+ support stating that I prefer multiple zone view just like you do, and they acknowledged it. I don't think multiple zone view is coming back.
    Last edited by digit1; 07-14-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: clumsy sentence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast