Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Home Depot or other dimmable flat panel compatibility?

Home Depot or other dimmable flat panel compatibility?

Has anyone tried any of Home Depot's Commercial Electric brand (probably made by Feit) dimmable tunable-white LED flat panels? I'm looking for a product like this that can be dimmed successfully with my Caséta dimmers. Or any similar product? Thanks...

Example: https://www.homedepot.com/p/304258311

I have the same question. I cannot see why it would not work, as I am looking to use two of these with a 6WCL (Same model switch i am using with the 12" square one). I am hoping for a response on this though before i install.

Thank you,
    Ice

The link in the OP confirms it is manufactured by Feit. There is a response from a Feit Product Expert that says, "Most LED class "CL" dimmers should work with this fixture."

I would try it before I installed them. You may need more than 1 fixture for a test.

It appears that this fixture does not have replaceable bulbs. If/when it fails you are going to have to replace the whole fixture.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Feit Product Expert that says, "Most LED class "CL" dimmers should work with this fixture."
    ”Most” is key. When I installed my Caséta dimmers, I found most of my existing bulbs flickered when dimmed even though they had functioned fine with my previous dimmers.

Quote Quote
    It appears that this fixture does not have replaceable bulbs. If/when it fails you are going to have to replace the whole fixture.
    That’s a common feature/problem these days and why I’m not replacing my bulb-based cans with those newfangled LED fixtures. I want the flexibility to install the next greatest bulb without ripping apart my ceiling.

But the light from these edge-lit panels is so nice and even (especially compared to the current fluorescent tubes), that I’m willing to take the risk.