Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro Occupancy Sensor

Maestro Occupancy Sensor

"Operation" instructions say "double tap to turn light on to full intensity". Set to default settings, double tap turns light on full however it only stays on for 1 minute. How do I keep the light staying on?

2. Thanks Justin F. thanked for this post
    Likes Justin F. liked this post
    I don't believe it is possible to bypass the auto-off feature. However, you can increase the timeout up to 30 minutes (after last motion).

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/0301660.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

4. Thanks Justin F. thanked for this post
    Likes Justin F. liked this post
    What's the difference between Motion Sensor and Occupancy Sensor for Lutron switches?

6. Likes Justin F. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilro View Post
    What's the difference between Motion Sensor and Occupancy Sensor for Lutron switches?
    Probably nothing but marketing. They sound the same to me.

I have a question about this switch. I installed one in our laundry room as my wife is constantly leaving the light on and I thought this was a good solution.

So I am thinking about doing the same for the hallway outside the laundry room. This switch is at the end of the hall, right by the kitchen.

I don't really want that light going on every time we sit down for dinner, so I'm wondering what the low motion sensitivity setting does.

Thanks.

8. Likes Justin F. liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello Bilro,
    Thank you for your post! There are two types of Maestro Sensor Switches we manufacturer. One does both Occupancy & Vacancy sensing meaning it will turn the load on from an off state from motion being detected (occupancy) and turn the load off from an on state from no motion being detected (vacancy), an example of one of these type of sensors would be a Maestro MS-OPS5M. The other sensor switch type we make is a Vacancy only sensor switch that only has the ability to turn the load off from an on state with no motion being detected, but does not have the ability to turn the load on from an off state, an example of one of these types of sensors would be a Maestro MS-VPS5M. The only reason we manufacture the Vacancy Only version of these controls is due to Title 24 in the state of California.

Hope this info helps!

-Justin F.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello Mike20878,
    Thank you for your post! The difference between the default "high sensitivity" and "low sensitivity" is that when set to the default of high, it would take the wave of your finger to trip that sensor or keep it active. When you lower the sensitivity down to low, it would take the wave of your arm to trip that sensor or keep it active.

Hope this info helps!

-Justin F.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin F. View Post
    Hello Mike20878,
    Thank you for your post! The difference between the default "high sensitivity" and "low sensitivity" is that when set to the default of high, it would take the wave of your finger to trip that sensor or keep it active. When you lower the sensitivity down to low, it would take the wave of your arm to trip that sensor or keep it active.

Hope this info helps!

-Justin F.
    Hmm, so low sensitivity requires a little more motion to activate the switch. I wonder how that translates to whole body motion. Ideally I'd like the light to switch on when I walk down the hall. I don't really want it coming on when I just walk into the kitchen. I keep meaning to upload a picture...

Thanks,
    Mike

Occupancy sensors have both auto-on and auto-off. Vacancy models only have auto-off. Some jurisdictions do not allow you to automatically turn lights on. You can disable the auto-on feature in occupancy sensors. In most cases, if they don't allow auto-on, they won't accept disabling it through programming.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Here is the photo. I'd like to only have that switch activate when I walk past it on the left. I guess I'll install one and see what happens.

I have not been receiving email notifications of new messages posted to the thread. I am subscribed.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190421_184859.jpg  

They turned the email feature off. No idea why.

You could mask off the right side of the sensor. That might create other issues. The sensor will turn the lights off at a set time after the last motion. If you mask it off, you could be in the room and the sensor would not know it.
    www.convergenceusa.com