Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Fixing Normal Timeclock Modes Getting Randomized in Away

Exclamation Fixing Normal Timeclock Modes Getting Randomized in Away

As far as I can tell, there is NO WAY to use the Away mode and randomize only some timeclock events. I suspect almost all RR2 solutions do have some exterior dusk/dawn like lighting programs. Whether someone is away or home, these should not change when the house is in the away mode. As it stands, when someone goes away, the lights turn on outside at a very different time from the day before.

Can this be fixed?

2. Thanks ekimla thanked for this post
    Likes ekimla liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Currently when a time clock mode has the randomization option selected all events that are selected to occur in this mode will be randomized. We will make sure to pass along this customer feedback to the development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Currently when a time clock mode has the randomization option selected all events that are selected to occur in this mode will be randomized. We will make sure to pass along this customer feedback to the development team.
    Thank you, and you said it better than I did. Simply, some events should occur at the same time (or sunrise/set offset) whether the home is occupied or not.

Old but still important. Please fix this. Thanks!

6. Likes BradKas liked this post
    I guess I'll bump this each version. I just don't understand why this is the case!

When a homeowner sets the house in away mode and the outside lights that turn on every day at an offset to sunset start turning on way early or way late, it's a giveaway that the house is different and it just doesn't make sense! Timeclock events that run in both normal and away should NOT be randomized. I don't think this was fixed, and if it was, please let me know. Thanks!

8. Thanks ekimla thanked for this post
    This is my #1 pet peeve with RR2, and it makes so little sense that I think it's a bug. It's an old thread, but I think it just makes sense to keep it alive.

It does not make sense that exterior lighting that comes on/off each day at an offset to sunrise/sunset should become randomized when the homeowner is away. This is actually a giveaway that people aren't home. There should be a way to set individual timeclock events not to be randomized or some other workaround.

10. Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Anyone know if this issue has been worked around since the new updates rolled out for RR2? like on 10.6 or the latest 11.0? Thanks

12. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post