Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks QS and Luxor FX

Homeworks QS and Luxor FX

We have a job where we need to control a Luxor FX unit, I have gone thru the setup as directed but unable to connect to and control the Luxor unit. Talked with Luxor/hunter and they say its a lutron issue. Luxor App works fine, Luxor says its connected to Lutron, but no control.

I have done this with a Radio Ra2 with no issues.

Im using QS13.3 software.

Anyone else have luck with this?

Link to Luxor/Lutron setup - https://www.fxl.com/sites/fxl.com/fi...ron-hqs-us.pdf

I don’t know if you’re still having this issue since it’s now April, but I currently have a QS system controlling the Luxor. I’m doing color scenes like Christmas, 4th of July, standard white, timeclock through QS, all with a phantom keypad button press and wall keypad button press. I’d be more than happy to walk you through my setup and help out if still needed.

3. Thanks Glackowitz thanked for this post
    Some assistance would be great, the system is also savant controlled and was looking into using it in the middle but if I can get around that it would be preferred.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for post Glackowitz.

The reason that integration with Luxor FX is not compatible with HWQS 13.3 is due to the increased telnet security for HomeWorks QS as of the 13.X version of the software. The default password that Luxor FX requires, Hunter/1234, is not secure and is therefore not permitted in 13.X+ versions of HomeWorks QS. This change was made to provide better system security to the residences of our customers and to be in compliance with California Senate Bill 327, which (among other things) bars the use of hardcoded universal credentials.

We would recommeded working with Hunter/Luxor about this issue, as the changes will need to be made on their end.

Issue was resolved, New hunter login is hunter/4HHuunntteerr which I was using, but Lutron didn't like the starting group at 500, we moved it up to 700 and worked like champ.

I am having a similar issue, have not been able to get Lutron to control Luxor. Using QS 12.4 was using 13.3 but I completely reprogrammed from scratch as per Lutron so that the hunter/1234 would work (should have read this thread sooner). If you can run me through your process I would be most grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glackowitz View Post
    Issue was resolved, New hunter login is hunter/4HHuunntteerr which I was using, but Lutron didn't like the starting group at 500, we moved it up to 700 and worked like champ.
    I'm battling this today. Sorted out the telnet login earlier after finding more current documentation, but still can't control the Luxor from HWQS. Running 15.0.1 and the Luxor shows it's connected to the HWQS processor. Just tried your trick of moving the integration IDs from 500 to 700, but still now luck.Anything else to try? I've contacted Hunter/Luxor support twice without any luck, but haven't tried Lutron support yet.

Can someone clarify what's going on here? We are setting up a telnet login for Luxur to connect to, right? The default login that Luxur requires is NOT Lutron's Default login, it's the 3rd party's. Does that mean that Lutron is going around and black listing the default logins from the thousands of various devices that integrate with it? I can understand them taking away the lutron:integration password, even though I don't think it actually makes anything more secure and just adds an extra headache, but at least I can understand it, but isn't overreach to ban other people's default logins as well? Also, does this mean that anybody who uses Luxur can never use designer software 16 due to them removing Telnet all together or is that only if QSX is used?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post SparkyCoog.

We believe Luxur has updated their integration guide to have a new password programmed in. We would recommend reaching out to Luxur for the updated integration guide. At this time Luxur would not be able to integrate with QSX, due not using Telnet.

I was having trouble a while back getting Luxor to connect to Lutron, where the luxor was plugged into a router over ethernet. With the new integration login/pass. And Lutron was on the same network. Luxor worked fine through the app, but wasn't getting the commands from Lutron. What fixed it for me was switching to the Luxor wifi module accessory, and then having Luxor use that to connect to the wifi network. No problems since then. Couldn't figure out the cause.