Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mixing Sivoia QS Wireless with seeTouch QS Wireless and RA2 Select

Mixing Sivoia QS Wireless with seeTouch QS Wireless and RA2 Select

Hello! I’m looking at installing a Lutron shade system, and have a few questions.

My goals are for the shades to be hard-wired for power, to have physical buttons that are also hard-wired at least for power (and communication would be nice too), and to also integrate into a wireless control system, likely RA2 Select. It seems to me that the Sivoia QS Wireless family is capable of this, using seeTouch QS Wireless for the keypads. That’d be wireless control from the keypad, but I’d deal.

There are a few things I haven’t been able to work out:
    1. Can I program the shades to respond to both seeTouch QS Wireless keypads and control via RA2 Select?
    2. I’m a little confused about the seeTouch QS Wireless keypad model numbers. I’ve seen both QSWK4-2BR-xx-E01 and QSWK4-2RI-xx-x01 used, seemingly interchangeably, for what appears to be the same keypad. What’s the difference between BR and RI?
    3. Is there any possibility to do this with hard-wired control from the keypads? Essentially, can I use both the wireless dongle for RA2 control and a wired seeTouch QS keypad (like QSWS2-2BRL-I-xx-E01) for physical button control? (Sivoia QS plus a wireless dongle rather than Sivoia QS Wireless, maybe?) Again, it’s not a deal-breaker if the answer is no, but it’d be preferable if it’s possible.

I want to make this work with something short of HomeWorks QS, which would be overkill for my application. What are the options?

Thanks!

1. No. The shades can part of either system but not both.
    2. I think the RI is an old model number that hasn't worked its way out of the system yet.
    3. No. The shades can part of either system but not both.

I would look at upgrading to RadioRA 2 (full). It's a few dollars more but you can use the RR2 keypads to control the shades.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Thanks supermarket thanked for this post
    Thanks, Randy. I was initially attracted to RA2 Select when this was just a lighting project because it would allow me to do as much of the configuration myself as possible. But with a shades order, I’d necessarily be working with a dealer anyway, so having them do the initial programming of a RadioRA 2 system doesn’t really expand the project scope that much.

If I’m not mistaken, the closest RadioRA 2 seeTouch keypad to what I had in mind would be RRD-W3BRL. That’s 3-button with raise/lower. I had really only wanted 2 (open/close/raise/lower) at each location, but that option doesn’t seem to be available with these keypads for RadioRA 2.

I would go with the 6BRL. The price is the same and I've never had a customer complain that they never use a button. If I had a nickel for every time a customer said, "I need one more button," or, "I want to control this separately," I would be writing this from some where in the Caribbean. With the app you can change programming. However, you can not change the button type (see next paragraph).

Another advantage to the full RR2 keypad is that there is a button model for shades. It does open/stop/close/stop (like a garage door). You can also assign the shade to a button and use the raise/lower button to adjust. Raise/lower affects the last button pressed on the keypad.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

That’s a different model than I was expecting. Would that design accommodate left/center/right/all and then raise/lower?

If I had left/center/right/all, could the spare buttons be mapped to a shade preset?

That could work pretty well, putting all of the buttons to good use.