Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: No response on install

No response on install

Hi,

I have installed six caseta wireless dimmer switches in my home successfully. I’ve just tried a new one in a new room and am getting no response: no green leds on the device. I swapped out a working casetta from another room and had the same issue. When I returned it to its location, it worked fine again. When I reinstalled the two pole switch, it again worked fine. So it’s not the unit, fuse, or bulb I believe. The wiring has a neutral which is not used in the two pole, but I did use in the dimmer.

I’m out of ideas: any advice? Thanks!

Edit: the switch i’m Installing is a PD-6WCL. Although the bulb works with the two pole switch, I have not swapped out to try a different bulb. Does the bulb actually complete the circuit to the point that the casetta would receive 0 power if it’s the wrong bulb?

Thanks!

The load (bulb) does complete the circuit with the PD-6WCL. What type of bulb is installed in that circuit?

The PD-5NE (ELV) and PD-10NXD (Pro) dimmers both have a neutral and will work in situations where current can't pass through the load to operate the switch.

Right now it’s a philips hue dimmable bulb, which I’m thinking may be the issue. I have a couple other bulbs which definitely do work with The PW so I can try to swap them over.

If that does not work, it sounds like I need to get the casetta that works with a neutral wire?

Thanks you so much

Solved

Bulb changed, problem solved. All is well. Thank you!

A very similar issue with the LEDs not lighting

Like Albatronics I probably have 20 Caseta devices, mostly dimmers, that all work great. My home is circa 1927 so many of the boxes for the lights are still knob and tube with no ground. I just installed a dimmer in a bedroom, not a 3-way, and when I turn the power back on, the fixture/LEDs don't respond. I swapped out an identical dimmer and same thing. I put a standard toggle switch on and it works fine. I've tested the line and, other than the lack of a ground, it's good. A number of dimmers in my home have this same configuration.What am I missing?

If you are using a smart bulb, or some other bulb that is inherently non-dimmable, the Caseta dimmer won't work.

I just got my first Caseta dimmer, and I wonder if I'm running into the same issue. I replaced a standard toggle switch with the dimmer, and got no signs of life. The switch in this case is connected to an integrated LED light fixture (no bulbs). Here's a link to the fixture: https://www.menards.com/main/lightin...41&ipos=101The fixture is supposed to be dimmable, but would it still not be compatible with the lutron caseta dimmer for some reason?