Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vive Remote Access / Telnet / VPN Access

Question Vive Remote Access / Telnet / VPN Access

Hi!,

I am looking for information about integrating remote access with a Vive lighting system. I noticed that their are no API's available for this product. Is it possible to access this hub with VPN or telnet remotely? If so where would I find out how to set this up? It would be really nice if I could give remote access to my building.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Joe

Are looking to dim? If not, the Caseta switch should work fine with most LED loads.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Sorry, too many windows open.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I didn’t know what Vive was so I watched a video which says its app based control but csn be integrated with Bacnet so you could control that way but the simplest thing to try IMHO is to have a PC onsite that runs the software and install any remote desktop type server software on it, realvnc, winvnc, etc and then create a vpn tunnel, then make the remote desktop connection using the client software on your remote PC. There might be other ways with a cloud account or soemthing through Lutron which would be a smart move on Lutron’s part.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Update from Lutron:Good news, we do offer API integration with Vive Hubs now (Specifically the HJS-2) and this information can be found here in the Vive Programming guide (https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...041571_Web.pdf) and the actions you can accomplish are laid out here in the Vive API spec sheet (https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ry/3691147.pdf). I hope this helps and gets you moving forward.

Lutron Technical Support
    Vive Hub's can be setup for a kind of remote access. You'll need to have a functional corporate network first that can be remotely logged into from the internet. Should you have that ability, you can then setup a reserved IP address for the Vive hub on the aforementioned already functional and remotely accessible corporate network. Then you simply log into the corporate network remotely, then put the IP address of the Vive Hub into your browser while in the corporate network, and this will give you the log in screen for the Vive Hub which you can then log into. It's a chain of events but it can be done, it just isn't native to the Vive hub. You other concern regarding API's and BACnet are addressed by Zitomd with his/her links to the programming guide and explanation on what requirements you must meet.