Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Incorrect operation with 3 Way system with Maestro Dimmer and companion dimmer

Incorrect operation with 3 Way system with Maestro Dimmer and companion dimmer

I have a 3 way set of Maestro dimmers (master and slave) and am running a Halo 4" recessed can. There is only one light on the system (it is a very small hallway) I have checked wireing multiple times. The light works after reset, and programing (set to l4 on master) but after a few cycles of on/off the master switch starts bliking and requires a restet to work again. I believe this is because there is just 1 light and the "draw" is not high enough? Any thoughts?

What is the model number of the dimmer and the bulb? Sometimes they are just not compatible.

If your dimmer has a neutral connection, it may need to be at the location where the wire goes up to the light.

Some dimmers do have a minimum load requirement (typically ~50 watts). If the dimmer was designed to work with LEDs it should only require 1 LED to function properly.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    What is the model number of the dimmer and the bulb? Sometimes they are just not compatible.

If your dimmer has a neutral connection, it may need to be at the location where the wire goes up to the light.

Some dimmers do have a minimum load requirement (typically ~50 watts). If the dimmer was designed to work with LEDs it should only require 1 LED to function properly.
    The notion that the dimmer needed to be at the location where the switch leg was new to me until a few months ago. We had some crappy homeowner provided cove rope lights in about 4 rooms, and some rooms worked great and others were a hot mess. Lutron tech suggested moving the dimmers and presto everything worked perfectly. I always liked putting the dimmer at the location I thought would be used the most, no more.