Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW! Ceiling fan control for Caseta!

Does anyone have any information regarding Smartthings support for the new 4 speed fan control?

I have had success in controlling the fan with Alexa and Apple Homekit. Google Home offers partial support: The fan can be turned on at full speed and turned off, but no further speed control is available. Based on my research, the new fan control does not presently integrate with Smartthings. Smartthings discovery does not even find the device.

Lutron support for automation is quite limited. Integration with Smartthings would allow automation such as turning the fan on based on a temperature sensor. I'm doing that now with a ceiling fan controlled by the Lutron PD-6ANS switch. It would be great to also set the fan speed which should be possible with the new fan controller.

I tried "Alexa, living room fan level 1" yesterday and it worked! I didn't expect it to work. :)

"living room fan low" works, too.

I have 3 fans controls in now. They work flawlessly and we’re very happy with them. The last one was on a 3-way switch and I really need the fan Pico. Does anyone know a release date?

Just got one of these setup yesterday on my 60” pull chain Home Decorators Fan (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Dec...8-WH/300739429) and the 2 lowest speeds are nearly unusable. Spoke with support and couldn’t figure it out. The 25% speed I can count 3 seconds for 1 full revolution. Going to 75% is closer to what my old low-medium was and then going to 100% is about double that and is the correct full speed. This is coming from a turn knob style wall fan speed switch that functioned exactly the same as my pull string speeds. Anyone else noticing issues like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukens View Post
    Just got one of these setup yesterday on my 60” pull chain Home Decorators Fan (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Dec...8-WH/300739429) and the 2 lowest speeds are nearly unusable. Spoke with support and couldn’t figure it out. The 25% speed I can count 3 seconds for 1 full revolution. Going to 75% is closer to what my old low-medium was and then going to 100% is about double that and is the correct full speed. This is coming from a turn knob style wall fan speed switch that functioned exactly the same as my pull string speeds. Anyone else noticing issues like this?
    Check that the pull chain is set to the highest speed. If it is, call Lutron tech. You may have been in the less than 0.1% failure rate from the factory.

Also, was the power off to the location when you installed the fan switch? If the power was on, did you have the FASS switch puled out? If not, the arcing when you get the wires together often can damage the internal circuits.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I spoke with tech support and they recommended exchanging the switch of which I did and I’m still experiencing the same issue. Yes power was off at the breaker box and I even swapped back to my old fan speed switch to make sure it was still functioning correctly, which it was. Fan speed was set to high with the pull chain as the high speed on the Caseta actually runs the fan at full speed. I just find it really odd that a variable resistor style fan speed controller works perfectly but not the Caseta.

Edit- nvm- realized you already gave us the model # in the link above.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by 63GBPackerfan View Post
    I have 3 fans controls in now. They work flawlessly and we’re very happy with them. The last one was on a 3-way switch and I really need the fan Pico. Does anyone know a release date?
    Are all three fans the new PD-FSQN? If so, the standard PICO for the in wall dimmer switch works just fine. I'm using one right now.

The printing on the PICO shows light bulbs rather than fans, but that flunks my "so what" test. I have also used the standard PICO to control a Sonos Play1. The SONOS PICO costs $31.79 on Amazon. The standard PICO costs $11.45. Same electronics; different print on buttons.

They are. I tried to add them using the Lutron app, but only the option for lights or shades.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldkrell View Post
    Are all three fans the new PD-FSQN? If so, the standard PICO for the in wall dimmer switch works just fine. I'm using one right now.

The printing on the PICO shows light bulbs rather than fans, but that flunks my "so what" test. I have also used the standard PICO to control a Sonos Play1. The SONOS PICO costs $31.79 on Amazon. The standard PICO costs $11.45. Same electronics; different print on buttons.
    They are. I tried to add them using the Lutron app, but only the option for lights or shades.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast