Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5ANS using Lutron APP schedule turns light on dim

PD-5ANS using Lutron APP schedule turns light on dim

I installed a PD-5ANS switch to turn on and off an exterior wall sconce(two). They have LED 16-watt bulbs. I used the Lutron Smart Bridge with the Android App to set a schedule. It turns the light on at the right time but it is dim. If I use the app to turn off and on the light it is bright. If is use the switch manuall it works.

It seems that when using the App schedule it turns the light on but dim.

The fixtures are rated to use an ELV dimmer but I did not want a dimmer for exterior lights so I installed the switch only PD-5ANS.

I do have two different LED sconces with another PD-5ANS and it works fine - but they are two sconces at 8 watts each.

Any ideas?

Look at your app and check what dimming level you have set for that particular light in the schedule.

I should add that the Smart Bridge is just about 30 feet or a bit more from the switch in question. Not sure if that would be the problem as I was able to add the switch and turn the light on and off with the phone app using the device.

Quote Originally Posted by davisadm View Post
    Look at your app and check what dimming level you have set for that particular light in the schedule.
    I will check that but I use the same schedule to turn on three sets of lights and the other two sets work fine and come on not dim.

Actually, since the switch is just a switch and not a dimmer no dimming option available in the App for the PD-5ANS. I did notice that when selecting the devices for the Schedule that when I selected "ALL" that the light in question was marked as "on" but when I looked at the next tab "Lights" the light in question was marked as "off". I assumed that if I activated under All as On that it would have been the same under Lights??? Strange .

Seems to have solved the problem. Just created a test schedule and it did set up the lights as ON under both All and Lights and the schedule worked turning on the lights at full intensity. Not sure why or how the first try had the device as Off and On at the same time?