Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Are RA2 dimmers just 1 giant button or can I make them actual on/off?

Are RA2 dimmers just 1 giant button or can I make them actual on/off?

Just wrote a huge message and then pressed post and it says 404 access denied so that's super frustrating. Not going to write it all out again so my question is can the RA2 dimmers be set so down is OFF and up is ON? Family hates them right now because they just work like one giant button, so they tap it to turn it off and then as it ramps down to off they tap it again thinking it's not working which just turns it back on. Are there any RA2 dimmers that actually work like this or are they all just 1 button?

All just one button, other than the keypads.... but those are lots of small buttons, so that doesn't solve your problem either.

I think I solved my own problem, my first post was really long and detailed but the site kept giving an Apache error. Was saying they were just being used as default without the main repeater, but I just connected it and then set the on level to 100% and the on and off time to 0.25 which I think will solve the problem. Now they turn on and off super fast. I think the issue before was that the off time was 2.5-3 seconds or so, so people would tap them off and then think it didn't work so they'd immediately tap it again which would just keep it on. Thanks.

I generally use longer fade times for off vs on - that may be something to play with. I think it looks nicer to have the lights visibly fade to off... you can also set the fade on time to 0 if you want to jump right to full blast....

5. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    The advanced settings (right-click on the device) will let you change the high/low trim levels and the fade on/off/delay. Which is also handy if you setup scenes for turning several lights off.