Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siri control of serena shades

Siri control of serena shades

I set up the smart bridge pro 2 and have my lights controlled by siri. Is there any way to control the serena shades with Siri (shades are all paired with bridge and can be controlled with lutron app but can not be added to siri integration)? Is this a limitation of siri/homekit, or is it something that has not been added yet?

Shades are being added to HomeKit in iOS9, so my guess is it will be added to Caseta app shortly after iOS9 release.

3. Likes sblunden liked this post
    iOS 9 is out, does the Lutron app support this yet?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by ifonul View Post
    iOS 9 is out, does the Lutron app support this yet?
    Not currently, but stay tuned for more information.

CEDIA is next week, cross your fingers that they will have some nice updates to show off...

As of 2015/11/2, iOS and Lutron App are up-to-date. Is Siri working with Serena shades yet? I have not found anything in Siri integration, meaning no shades can be selected. This is what I see on Lutron serena site:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	close_shades.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	356.6 KB 
ID:	401

No they do not :( Also, the scenes defined in the Lutron app do not match the HomeKit scenes; it's about time to get an upgrade over here!!!

If you check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2kc6M1fJPE, you can see this guy was able to control his shades by adding them to a scene via a separate app (not Lutron's). Seemed too much of a pain to try it myself, but it makes it clear that the issue is with the iOS app itself, and not any of the HW (shades or bridge).

Still hoping this gets some attention...

On the serena.com website, the following is advertised: "Lutron's Serena Shades are now Apple HomeKit-enabled. Control your Shades using Siri directly from your iPhone, ....". Can someone please say what this means? If it is a foreword looking statement, then they should take it down and change the message. I'm not being picky, but I'd just like to know when it is enabled and then I will spend time on it. Otherwise, when they say it is enabled, and we spend time trying to figure out how to get it working, then it is a waste of our time if it still has not be enabled. I'm actually questioning if it is already enabled and I just don't have correct information about working with it. Lutron needs to address this messaging if it is still not released.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siri_shades.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	402

Update. I talked to a Lutron rep from Serena and they said that despite the claim on the website, the Serena shades cannot yet be controlled by Siri. So why the claim? They suggested that if you order shades today it takes 15 business days typically and that this message is for new orders and that it would be available by the release of your order. So there you have it: According to rep, Siri controlled shades should be available in 15 days at the latest, or November 18. Mark calendar and let's see.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Siri control of Serena shades will be available when the updated Lutron app is released on or before November 16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast