Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Assign Inputs/Outputs Pop-up Missing or Disappeared

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Assign Inputs/Outputs Pop-up Missing or Disappeared

Issue
    The "Assign Inputs/Outputs" window does not appear when the "Assign" link is clicked when attempting to assign a load in the HomeWorks QS software to a load-controlling device. Closing/re-opening nor uninstalling/reinstalling the software resolves the issue.

Background
    Within various areas of the HomeWorks QS software, the "Assign Inputs/Outputs" windows is used to associate components (ex. loads) to other devices (ex. RPMs). Sometimes due to various reasons (screen resolution change, extra monitor disconnected), this pop-up window fails to appear on command.

Workaround
    1. Close the HomeWorks QS software.
    2. Delete the "user.config" file on the computer. This file will re-generate with the default values on startup of the software.
    3. Re-open the HomeWorks QS software.

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Lutron_Electronics_Co.,_I\Lutron.Gulliver.Qua ntumRe_StrongName_[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]\[HWQS software version]\user.config

Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Lutron_Electronics_Co.,_I\Lutron.Gu lliver.QuantumRe_StrongName_[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]\[HWQS software version]\user.config
    (The AppData folder may be a hidden folder and not appear on the screen. If this is the case, you need to type it in at the top address/path bar.)

I am experiencing something similar in QS 9.4. When I'm adding loads to panels, the pop-up shows all of the unassigned loads available. After assigning a couple of loads, all of them disappear. If I unassign them then the windoow re-populates. When the loads disappear, if I try to go to advanced and show "assigned loads" it shows nothing, until I unassign the loads again and then go to advanced and click on "show assigned" then they magically appear...This has been a working program on a large project for a few years.