Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Updating Bridge

Updating Bridge

I would like to update my current bridge to the newer version. Is there a way to defalt my old bridge for a family member of mine to use?

Also am I able to use my current account on the new bridge that I purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.F View Post
    I would like to update my current bridge to the newer version. Is there a way to defalt my old bridge for a family member of mine to use?

Also am I able to use my current account on the new bridge that I purchased?
    I would delete all devices then switch the email address the old bridge uses to the new one. It is a two step process, you have to verify the new email address to switch it. Then the current email will be account-less.

Edit:
    delete all devices and scenes first. Then log out. Then setup a new account with a new email address. Then proceed. You will may get an email from Lutron about the change. Now you can reuse you email address for your new hub.

sorry I mixed up the setup/resetting of caseta with the steps of something else I recently setup. (Nest maybe).

both system now can be built from scratch.

I did see something saying they will be creating something to move programming over easier.

If if you forget to delete use the triple tap and hold, triple tap to reset the devices. They have a little guide that is helpful with resetting any Lutron device.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    I would delete all devices then switch the email address the old bridge uses to the new one. It is a two step process, you have to verify the new email address to switch it. Then the current email will be account-less.

4. Likes Brian W. liked this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    Edit:
    delete all devices and scenes first. Then log out. Then setup a new account with a new email address. Then proceed. You will may get an email from Lutron about the change. Now you can reuse you email address for your new hub.

sorry I mixed up the setup/resetting of caseta with the steps of something else I recently setup. (Nest maybe).

both system now can be built from scratch.

I did see something saying they will be creating something to move programming over easier.

If if you forget to delete use the triple tap and hold, triple tap to reset the devices. They have a little guide that is helpful with resetting any Lutron device.
    You won't need to delete the scenes, just the devices. When you delete out all of the devices, the scenes will go away.

Definitely set up the old bridge with a new email account first, as this will free up the original email address to use on the new bridge.