Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Main Repeater dead? Blinking green. Ethernet port blinking and won't connect.

Main Repeater dead? Blinking green. Ethernet port blinking and won't connect.

Have an existing system I'm troubleshooting. Found the main repeater with the four communication/setup lights blinking green. When the four lights flash off, you can see the repeater status lights very briefly blink red. When connected to an ethernet port either on a router or directly connected to a PC, the ethernet port blinks along with the communication/setup ports.

I think the memory and software is gone based on what I'm reading but there's no way the customer would have done that to it. Interestingly, I found that it's date code is Y04 which falls into the date range of this bulletin: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...eater-bulletin

Is there any solution to this issue? Will Lutron help if I sent it to them given the bulletin and the date code?

I can't get this repeater to resolve an IP address to talk to a computer at all.

Thanks!

2 things I would try:
    1. Connect wired lan from your PC to the Main Repeater and reboot main repeater.
    2. Call lutron tech support- if they can't get it working as above then it's possible they can help with warranty issues.

- - - Updated - - -

2 things I would try:
    1. Connect wired lan from your PC to the Main Repeater and reboot main repeater.
    2. Call lutron tech support- if they can't get it working as above then it's possible they can help with warranty issues.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    2 things I would try:
    Doubt it's in warranty unless they go for the "it's in that date range" argument. We shall see.
    I already tried connecting directly to a PC and rebooting the repeater. You can see the LAN try to connect and then drop... try to connect and then drop... repeatedly. When the lights on the ethernet port are on, the PC tries to connect, but then they blink off and the PC sees the connection as dropped. It never even fully establishes a connection.

I guess I'll have to call Lutron and see if they can offer any remedy.

did you set the laptop to DHCP? main may have a static that is incompatible with a fixed ip on the laptop

push comes to shove (if you have a copy of the file) you could default the main and connect- then reload the file
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    did you set the laptop to DHCP? main may have a static that is incompatible with a fixed ip on the laptop

push comes to shove (if you have a copy of the file) you could default the main and connect- then reload the file
    Tried DHCP and Static IP.
    Already tried resetting. It won't reset. That's why I think the programming is gone entirely.

Did you resolve this?

If not, have you tried an ARP ping of the MAC address? It's printed on the repeater's label.

Quote Originally Posted by travelrider73 View Post
    Have an existing system I'm troubleshooting. Found the main repeater with the four communication/setup lights blinking green. When the four lights flash off, you can see the repeater status lights very briefly blink red.
    Interestingly, I found that it's date code is Y04 which falls into the date range of this bulletin: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...eater-bulletin

Is there any solution to this issue? Will Lutron help if I sent it to them given the bulletin and the date code?
    If all 4 led blink red the unit is bad. Call the 800 # as mentioned in the bulletin. They will ask you a few questions and determine that it is bad. The blinking led and date code is all that is needed.

I called a week ago and they send out a replacement unit with return shipping label.
    Hope this helps..